China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

Cowspiracy‏ @Cowspiracy 7h7 hours ago

Just some of the devastating consequences of animal agriculture-- in addition to climate change. #cowspiracy #speciesextinction

DLfCK27U8AEvaI1.jpg

rickyb

this practice was banned in EU and canada, but not commercialized america. article goes on to say how FBI and cutting 2 inches of live pigs ear off to conduct their important investigation.

The FBI’s Hunt for Two Missing Piglets Reveals the Federal Cover-Up of Barbaric Factory Farms

Female pigs give birth in this condition. They are put in so-called farrowing crates when they give birth, and their piglets run underneath them to suckle and are often trampled to death. The sows are bred repeatedly this way until their fertility declines, at which point they are slaughtered and turned into meat.

The pigs are so desperate to get out of their crates that they often spend weeks trying to bite through the iron bars until their gums gush blood, bash their heads against the walls, and suffer a disease in which their organs end up mangled in the wrong places, from the sheer physical trauma of trying to escape from a tiny space or from acute anxiety (called “organ torsion”).

Obviously, the FBI and Smithfield — the nation’s largest industrial farm corporation — don’t really care about the missing piglets they are searching for. What they care about is the efficacy of a political campaign intent on showing the public how animals are abused at factory farms, and they are determined to intimidate those responsible."

Last edited:

It will be fine

What's wrong with Hydro farming? Just using greenhouses can reduce the need for pesticides to zero. Using controlled environments to increase yields seems like a no brainer to me.

floridays

Like we are suppose to believe ANY study that came out of California.
Clear your nostrils, wave your fingers in front of them, clear your head by shaking it, then STFU. yeah, believe it. Now clear your nostrils, wave your fingers in front of them, clear your head by shaking it. Pay the woman at the desk. GTFO

rod

Retired 22 years
Clear your nostrils, wave your fingers in front of them, clear your head by shaking it, then STFU. yeah, believe it. Now clear your nostrils, wave your fingers in front of them, clear your head by shaking it. Pay the woman at the desk. GTFO

women pay me

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Vitamin b12 is necessary for red blood cell creation. It is made by a bacterial fermentation process. Humans do not ingest enough of the bacteria in their diets to supply enough of their own b12. To compound the problem b12 is a large molecule that is difficult to absorb. Most b12 supplements are created from animal sources, though some are created directly from the bacterial fermentation process, but the cost of producing enough b12 through these processes to supply everyone with enough b12 would be prohibitive. As such, consuming animals is necessary for the health and well being of a vast majority of humans.
Furthermore, all animal life requires the consumption of other life forms. If you want to differentiate between sentient and non-sentient life as though you fully understand what that means, you are free to do so.
The way we raise animals, in some cases, is unconscionable, but properly raising, and properly grazing larger numbers of livestock animals can both reverse the supposed causes of supposed anthropomorphic global warming and feed more people. Search planned grazing for more information.
As far as growing food in controlled environments, though sounding ideal, has not proven to be cost effective enough to replace traditional farming practices, though I personally hope future developments change this fact.
As for laboratory grown meat products, again, I'm all for it, but it's a long way away from fruition, and even further away from cost effectiveness. I have my concerns about food production being done entirely in controlled environment settings, because food supplies would be highly sensitive to any disruptions in social order, which will spiral quickly out of control once food becomes scarce. I favor more natural and humane food production that work with natural cycles over highly controlled food production. Anyone who believes that they can live without somehow exploiting the lives of sentient beings in one way or another, to one degree or another, is suffering from a severe case of denial. I support your right to limit your reliance on the exploitation of sentient beings, but I don't support your hypocrisy in telling others they should eliminate their own reliance on the same.

Last edited:

BrownArmy

Vitamin b12 is necessary for red blood cell creation. It is made by a bacterial fermentation process. Humans do not ingest enough of the bacteria in their diets to supply enough of their own b12. To compound the problem b12 is a large molecule that is difficult to absorb. Most b12 supplements are created from animal sources, though some are created directly from the bacterial fermentation process, but the cost of producing enough b12 through these processes to supply everyone with enough b12 would be prohibitive. As such, consuming animals is necessary for the health and well being of a vast majority of humans.
Furthermore, all animal life requires the consumption of other life forms. If you want to differentiate between sentient and non-sentient life as though you fully understand what that means, you are free to do so.
The way we raise animals, in some cases, is unconscionable, but properly raising, and properly grazing larger numbers of livestock animals can both reverse the supposed causes of supposed anthropomorphic global warming and feed more people. Search planned grazing for more information.
As far as growing food in controlled environments, though sounding ideal, has not proven to be cost effective enough to replace traditional farming practices, though I personally hope future developments change this fact.
As for laboratory grown meat products, again, I'm all for it, but it's a long way away from fruition, and even further away from cost effectiveness. I have my concerns about food production being done entirely in controlled environment settings, because food supplies would be highly sensitive to any disruptions in social order, which will spiral quickly out of control once food becomes scarce. I favor more natural and humane food production that work with natural cycles over highly controlled food production. Anyone who believes that they can live without somehow exploiting the lives of sentient beings in one way or another, to one degree or another, is suffering from a severe case of denial. I support your right to limit you reliance on exploitation of sentient beings, but I don't support your hypocrisy in telling people they should eliminate their own reliance on the same.

I'm sure there are some good points in there, but paragraphs would have helped me realize them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Simple solution-----don't have so many friend'in kids!
And who will they tax to continue funding social security? Social security was conceived with never-ending population and economic growth in mind. Japan is already starting to feel the effects of demographic implosion. Not enough youngsters to support the needs of the elderly.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm sure there are some good points in there, but paragraphs would have helped me realize them.
Sorry, was typing in a hurry and the window to edit closed on me. Here you go:

Furthermore, all animal life requires the consumption of other life forms. If you want to differentiate between sentient and non-sentient life as though you fully understand what that means, you are free to do so. The way we raise animals, in some cases, is unconscionable, but properly raising, and properly grazing larger numbers of livestock animals can both reverse the supposed causes of supposed anthropomorphic global warming and feed more people. Search planned grazing for more information.

As far as growing food in controlled environments, though sounding ideal, has not proven to be cost effective enough to replace traditional farming practices, though I personally hope future developments change this fact. As for laboratory grown meat products, again, I'm all for it, but it's a long way away from fruition, and even further away from cost effectiveness.

I have my concerns about food production being done entirely in controlled environment settings, because food supplies would be highly sensitive to any disruptions in social order, which will spiral quickly out of control once food becomes scarce. I favor more natural and humane food production that work with natural cycles over highly controlled food production.

Anyone who believes that they can live without somehow exploiting the lives of sentient beings in one way or another, to one degree or another, is suffering from a severe case of denial. I support your right to limit your reliance on the exploitation of sentient beings, but I don't support your hypocrisy in telling others they should eliminate their own reliance on the same.

Last edited: