China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_1686_31.jpg

rickyb

50% of americans adults have high blood pressure:

New guidelines mean you might have high blood pressure – Nutrition Action

Diet & Exercise
“Far from recommending that everyone who has hypertension get a drug, we have gone to great lengths to say that, first and foremost, the approach has to be dealing with the underlying problem, which is lifestyle,” Whelton explains.

And everyone, regardless of their blood pressure, should adopt a healthy lifestyle.
That starts with a DASH-like diet—eating more fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts, whole grains, and low-fat dairy, and less refined grains, salt, sugar, and red meat.

And it means moving more. “All forms of exercise, including weight lifting, will lower blood pressure,” says Whelton, “but the best evidence is for aerobic activity.” Aim for 90 to 150 minutes a week of either aerobic activity or resistance (strength) training, or a combination. (Click here for printer-friendly tips on how diet and exercise can help lower your blood pressure.)

rickyb

a canadian figure skated adopted a dog at the olympics which was otherwise going to be eaten.

all animals are equal. some animals are NOT more equal than others ;)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i dont think eating animals because they are dumber than us is justification for it.

should we eat retards? what about conformists such as yourself? thats not justification either.
Speaking of conformists, as someone with a brother who is mentally challenged, I take great offense with you continuing to call everything you don’t like, retards or retarded.

rickyb

Speaking of conformists, as someone with a brother who is mentally challenged, I take great offense with you continuing to call everything you don’t like, retards or retarded.
you'd be better off picking up your sword and fighting instead of crying to me about it.

if it makes you feel better, i think my brother is a psychopath.