China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

vantexan

You can't seriously be this stupid lmao.
We breed these animals for food genius. If we only killed the ones that became invasive on human populations you wouldn't be able to afford the meat.
TTKU. BrownArmy is saying we shouldn't eat meat. OK, what do we do with millions of cows then? Do we let them wander freely? No, we'll slaughter them all minus a select amount going into zoos. Allowing large herds to breed without culling them as we do now is unsustainable. You're a city boy, huh? Throwing the word stupid around about things you don't have a clue about.

vantexan

Yet, you didn't conceptualize what I was saying.

Threads change, I wasn't talking about meat anymore.

TTKU.
I've seen it far too often. The noble Native American had a much better understanding of what was needed, to think long term, not short term like the greedy white man. They also didn't have to deal with the pressures of feeding an extremely large population, or many of the other pressures of modern life. This is where we are at today. We have challenges that a people who cooked over open fires, didn't have a written language, couldn't fathom.

It will be fine

I've seen it far too often. The noble Native American had a much better understanding of what was needed, to think long term, not short term like the greedy white man. They also didn't have to deal with the pressures of feeding an extremely large population, or many of the other pressures of modern life. This is where we are at today. We have challenges that a people who cooked over open fires, didn't have a written language, couldn't fathom.
Feeding large populations is an argument for a plant based diet. It's wildly inefficient to raise animals for slaughter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If dog consumption takes off, we have to change some movie titles. For example:

"Rin Tin in a Tin".
upload_2017-6-23_7-36-47.png

upload_2017-6-23_7-41-55.png

Last edited:

upschuck

In our society eating dead animals is a choice one makes mostly based on taste. There is no need to eat animals, you can choose to survive solely on plants. People eat animals because they taste good. This is killing for pleasure. Our culture, as clearly displayed in this thread, has a very nonsensical macho infatuation with killing animals that I find sad.
So, you'd rather kill plants? Poor little plants are terrorised because they can't show emotion.