Christians ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's where it's going , no matter what. Good to take a walk and blame it all on the dog !!
We have high winds today, so slide a window open !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
For my "soon to be here" birthday, my hubby got ticktes to the Laguna PLayhouse to see "Til Death Do Us Part, Late Nite Catechism 3"

It should be a scream. Years ago, we saw "Nunsense" and really had a laugh a minute.

I'm chewing gum when I go.....it'll piss off the nun!!:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We were taught there's a Heaven, Hell & Purgatory. I think it's weird that we look up for heaven & look down for Hell. Purgatory must be the horizon, I guess. :wink2:

Sammie

Very interesting thread. Now what about Heaven and Hell?

Hey Stevie. Despite Biblical references, I think the Heaven and Hell after life is over are man made concepts so we won't feel that this is it. I don't believe there's a God who would direct us to one or the other because we didn't follow his roadmap to a T. If there is a Heaven or Hell, it's right here, right now. It's your outlook, it's what you do with your time, it's how you treat the other guy.

But at the same time I have a strong feeling that our souls move on to other dimensions.

tourists24

Hey Stevie. Despite Biblical references, I think the Heaven and Hell after life is over are man made concepts so we won't feel that this is it. I don't believe there's a God who would direct us to one or the other because we didn't follow his roadmap to a T. If there is a Heaven or Hell, it's right here, right now. It's your outlook, it's what you do with your time, it's how you treat the other guy.

But at the same time I have a strong feeling that our souls move on to other dimensions.
since you dont believe in heaven or hell, where does this "feeling" come from about our souls?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't think that God expects us to follow his "word", (many meanings), to a T. I do, however, believe that your manager, and his/her 7 little supes, want you to know the DOK, and have your methods down, to a T. I fear that if you fail to pass their test, you may be sent to hell, verbally.:wink2:

tourists24

I think the essence of what we are moves on, without "rewards or punishments"
What does this mean? Sorry if I sound naive on this.... I understand if someone accepts Christ... I can also understand someone who says "there is no God"... but it's the in between that befuddles me sometimes. Where does the soul come from if not God; or any being for that matter? And why would that hold true if not from a creator? You said you believe in our "souls". Where does this come from in you experiences?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I tend to agree (I think) with Jimmy, in that once you accept a supernatural explanation as valid, the possibilities are endless.

"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god? Every time we go to church, we're just making him madder and madder."
— Homer J. Simpson
:happy-very:

Last edited: