Christmas Eve 2017 - Are you working on a Sunday? -- Off Topic

opie

Checking Twitter, there are many complaints from people not getting their package. Wonder if next week we hear more headlines about UPS ruining Christmas lol.

Dhydratd

And do they have a DOT card? That's what stopped them from delivering during the strike of 97
Today, I just don't care. I'm experiencing too much joy knowing that they are all having to work while I'm sitting here in my recliner enjoying a second cup of coffee while listening to SRV.

Already been asked...TTKU.
8906144.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Forrest park, isn't that the building you said is horrible @scratch ?

Yeap, I work out of the Forest Park Hub. We were buried after Black Friday rolling dozens of trailers every morning. My West Center of 75 drivers was twelve short all year according to normal planning. The East Center collapsed first like last year when Division management had to come clean it up. Both Centers lost about 34 drivers that got promoted into Feeder, so we have a lot of new drivers. Poor planning by local management, there was no excuse for what happened. They waited too late to hire and train enough seasonal help. Corporate jumped in with a hundred people three weeks ago, they flew in a hundred supervisors last week that could drive 70 rental vans. Corporate was delivering out of personal cars too. I was usually missing about twenty per cent of the packages listed in EDD every day. They had extra security and police hired to handle the parking and lines of customers trying to get their packages. We aren't clean yet either.

SmithBarney

We all went out with driver teams of 2. One drove until he ran out of hours and then we switched seats and the other drove. Started getting messages that no one clocks out until they see a sup.
Got back to the center and found out that they had missed an entire trailer on the lot! Must have been 1000 packages spread out on the floor and all of the managers, suits, sales staff, etc were going through them. The DM called them all together for a meeting and I heard him say that they were to report to work today at 7am to get all of that :censored2: delivered. It made my day!!

If you are sitting in a seat it doesn't matter DOT hours don't care if your driving, it's punch to punch... and if you are punched out riding around well then that's just not smart.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not big enough planes....

One really small thing we could fix is throw groundable air in with our ground pickups.

I delivered a late NDA on Friday from a town 18 miles down the highway because it went to Louisville on an airplane and then came back here on a LATE airplane rather than just into a feeder in their building for the 30 minute drive.

Small things like this would make peak run much smoother. Especially the air operation.