Christmas Eve 2017 - Are you working on a Sunday? -- Off Topic

Johney

Christmas has been on December 25th for 2017 years, It time for these dumb :censored2:s to figure it out...
Order your presents early...
The problem with that is sometimes things may not come back in stock until late in the holiday rush is in full swing. Mommy and Daddy will order little Susie a Fingerling (one of this years hottest toys) on Dec 23 if Amazon says they will have it by Christmas.

Dhydratd

If you are sitting in a seat it doesn't matter DOT hours don't care if your driving, it's punch to punch... and if you are punched out riding around well then that's just not smart.
Did I say I was "punched out"? I don't work for free. DOT says I can't drive after 70 hours so I quit driving at 70 hours. After that I then became a helper being paid $53.53/hour. It wasn't my choice, but I work as directed.

542thruNthru

The problem with that is sometimes things may not come back in stock until late in the holiday rush is in full swing. Mommy and Daddy will order little Susie a Fingerling (one of this years hottest toys) on Dec 23 if Amazon says they will have it by Christmas.

Hmm that's was the first gift I gave my wife this morning. It was a hot gift. ;)

SmithBarney

Did I say I was "punched out"? I don't work for free. DOT says I can't drive after 70 hours so I quit driving at 70 hours. After that I then became a helper being paid $53.53/hour. It wasn't my choice, but I work as directed.
No what I was saying is DOT doesn't differentiate between driving or helping, you can't be on the clock over hours it's a HOS violation.(they calculate from punch to punch, or collective hours if you work more than one job) For Example, say you work 5hours making donuts in the AM(4-9am), then punch in at UPS and drive for 10hrs(930 to 2030 1hr break in there somewhere) you are in violation of the 14hr rule. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dr.Brownz

No what I was saying is DOT doesn't differentiate between driving or helping, you can't be on the clock over hours it's a HOS violation.(they calculate from punch to punch, or collective hours if you work more than one job) For Example, say you work 5hours making donuts in the AM(4-9am), then punch in at UPS and drive for 10hrs(930 to 2030 1hr break in there somewhere) you are in violation of the 14hr rule. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are wrong maybe someone with citations will come. Pretty sure I've read a page on the DOT's website saying other work can be performed after the 14 hour mark with no limit as long as the driver takes the 34 hour reset afterwards.

CoolStoryBro

All work (driving and non-driving) counts towards the 60 or 70 hour rule. After your hit 60 or 70 you can no longer driver. You can still be compensated for other work. Meaning you can be a driver helper (I've done this many times). Your 34 hour reset begins when this other work ends.

You can work after 14 hours (non-driving). You need a 10 hour break before you drive the next day.