Claims Help

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Personally, I really doubt that UPS actually pays alot of claims that they say they do, maybe it takes an attorney to get your money.

wisedragonfly

:angry-very2: Well i got off the phone with Claims they told me that UPS security told them to not pay the claim with no further explanation, she was able to get me a Phone# for Security i called it nobody answered i left a message and no one has returned my calls Looks like UPS just Screwed me out the cost of my camera:furious: and now im left with a CC bill and nothing to show for it

Of course I'm only guessing, but perhaps they located the package and in the process of getting the item returned to you. If this is the case, it would void the claim.

drewed

Shankman
Call you CC company and dispute the charge.
If it was sent to security theyre probably expecting foul play at somepoint, because it got a out for delivery scan so we have a timeline of where the camera was last then poof gone, Id wait to hear back what security says, I wouldnt expect anything till next week though

QE3

Call you CC company and dispute the charge.
If it was sent to security theyre probably expecting foul play at somepoint, because it got a out for delivery scan so we have a timeline of where the camera was last then poof gone, Id wait to hear back what security says, I wouldnt expect anything till next week though

Well i Don't want to do that the guy i bought it from would be screwed out of his money, it's wasnt his fault someone in UPS has Sticky fingers or someone else for that matter here is what i have on the day it went out

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description PALATINE,
IL, US 03/11/2009 4:36 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
US 03/09/2009 7:58 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

not much else i can do i just wish somebody would call me to let me know what's happening:sad-little:

wisedragonfly

Well i Don't want to do that the guy i bought it from would be screwed out of his money, it's wasnt his fault someone in UPS has Sticky fingers or someone else for that matter here is what i have on the day it went out

Package Progress Location Date Local Time Description PALATINE,
IL, US 03/11/2009 4:36 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
US 03/09/2009 7:58 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

not much else i can do i just wish somebody would call me to let me know what's happening:sad-little:

Just because L/P is involved does not mean there were "sticky fingers" involved. :whiteflag:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is just my opinion, that if you went to a customer counter to ship the package, they would have investigated whether or not the camera was actually valued at $16,000. Even if you went in with a $16,000 camera ALREADY BOXED and just wanted to ship, we would ( at least when I was over there) ask it be opened and check the contents and the box would be segrgted from the others into High Value when it was moved it over to the building.

Something to think about.

QE3

Actually the guy at the UPS hub opened it with me just to make sure it was packaged correctly, he asked about the camera and what it can do, so after we packed it back in the box he signed the shippers receipt with the declared value of the package... I'm not accusing ANYBODY of taking it.. UPS or otherwise.. all i know is that it went out for delivery and never made it:anxious:

QE3

Ok
So i Finally received a call from UPS security (only after i called the claims dept everyday to ask why nobody from UPS security would return my call) According to the guy i talked to he talked with the company who was supposed to get the package, and as predicted they told him they never received my package he then told me that i would need to speak to another investigator and to call back on the 14th well i called and i left a message but as usual no one is returning my calls, i called UPS claims back and they said until i speak with the other security person they wont be able to process the claim, i said i have been leaving messages but no one is calling me back she said sorry but there was nothing more she could do

it looks like to me that UPS is trying not to pay on the claim so as long as they Don't return my calls they can keep using that excuse

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok
So i Finally received a call from UPS security (only after i called the claims dept everyday to ask why nobody from UPS security would return my call) According to the guy i talked to he talked with the company who was supposed to get the package, and as predicted they told him they never received my package he then told me that i would need to speak to another investigator and to call back on the 14th well i called and i left a message but as usual no one is returning my calls, i called UPS claims back and they said until i speak with the other security person they wont be able to process the claim, i said i have been leaving messages but no one is calling me back she said sorry but there was nothing more she could do

it looks like to me that UPS is trying not to pay on the claim so as long as they Don't return my calls they can keep using that excuse

wisedragonfly

Ok

Completing a full investigation on the whereabouts of the package can take time. It can seem like a long process and even longer when you're on the unsettled end of the spectrum. If UPS has contacted the consignee then things are moving along. UPS would want to recover the package first, if they can, and if not, they would pay the claim as warranted by declared value guidelines. I personally think they are searching overgoods for the merchandise. I also believe they're not calling you because they don't know anything yet.

chopstic

Before I was employed with UPS I worked as a shipping clerk for a small business. It was very rare that I had to file an insurance claim, but on a very few occasions I did. I hate to bad mouth my own company, but they tried everything they could to not pay out my claims. I had to prove with receipts that my shipment was actually worth the value I insured it at. They then sent an investigator to my place of business. They then ignored my inquiries about the claims for months. And I finally had to threaten them to take my business elsewhere (FedEx or DHL) to get them to pay up.

wisedragonfly

Before I was employed with UPS I worked as a shipping clerk for a small business. It was very rare that I had to file an insurance claim, but on a very few occasions I did. I hate to bad mouth my own company, but they tried everything they could to not pay out my claims. I had to prove with receipts that my shipment was actually worth the value I insured it at. They then sent an investigator to my place of business. They then ignored my inquiries about the claims for months. And I finally had to threaten them to take my business elsewhere (FedEx or DHL) to get them to pay up.

Proving the shipment was with UPS and value are part of normal procedures to file a claim.

QE3

Ok so i received a call from the claims dept today, they just wanted to know if the amount i am claiming is the actual replacement cost, i told him that the replacement cost is just over $23K. He then said that was all he needed and that i should receive a check within 10 buisness days unless more info is needed, i quickly asked if UPS security had released the claim and he told me that it was still under review and that once he informs them of the actual replacement cost the claim should be sent for final approval, So i am wondering if UPS is going to pay the claim since i Still have not heard back from UPS security or are they going to keep dragging this out:whiteflag:

QE3

UPS security called me late today they said they were releasing the claim on it's end BUT that the local UPS security would be handling it now, I'm really confused now, if they couldn't find the package on there end why are they coming back this way. I just Don't Understand:whiteflag:

wisedragonfly

UPS security called me late today they said they were releasing the claim on it's end BUT that the local UPS security would be handling it now, I'm really confused now, if they couldn't find the package on there end why are they coming back this way. I just Don't Understand:whiteflag:

It's just normal routine, QE3. I'm so sorry that you have to go through the long process. They are probably looking to see if the package was returned back to the home district. The process is moving along. L/P is involved because the package is high value. If the package had of been under $100, your claim would have been closer to being settled by now, if not already paid. They really want to recover the package, if they can.

QE3

At this point i would be happier to get my package back, i know the Peeps at the claims Dept are sick of me calling all the time, i just hope something is resolved soon:sick:

QE3

Well it looks like UPS is going to screw me over on my claim:angry:
i spoke with someone in claims on Friday and as usual i asked about the status of the claim, they were looking over the extensive notes then they put me on hold they came back a few minutes later and said it looks like they need the Model # and Serial # of the item before the claim can be paid. I said that they already have the model # and that the serial # is on the camera and since it was lost i am unable to give them that # The guy then said that until i gave them the serial # that they couldn't pay the claim.
I asked the guy how am i supposed to give you the# if the camera was lost? I told him that i bought it from crags list and not from a chain store, All he could tell me was maybe i could find the guy i bought it from and see if he had it. I asked why he would have it if he sold me the camera? the camera was still sealed in the box when i bought it. The guy had no answer other than when i get the information to fax it to him. So i just typed up a letter giving the model # and then asking where i need to send court papers so that if i have to sue i will know where to send them:biting:
I have given them MORE than enough documatation for this camera my CC reciept, the sales reciept from the guy i bought it from
( we used Google Checkout) the shippers reciept, pictures and still i get the runaround

Im not sure what else i need to do:whiteflag:

Dustyroads

A couple things, if the package was out for delivery, rest assured, UPS is investigating what actually happened to it. The delivery driver will have to contact the consignee and have them sign the driver followup report, denying receipt of package. The delivery driver will be questioned as to any memory of the package. I'm not sure how things work in Illinois, but here in Kansas, anything over $5,000 is bagged in a white and red plastic bag at the center where the package is picked up, and an additional report is forwarded to the receiving center before the package ever arrives. The red and white bag indicates high value. After all the avenues of searching are exhausted by UPS, they will pay you the actual invoice cost for the package plus your shipping cost. And, finally, unless something has changed, although the payment for a loss will come from UPS, the insurance company for UPS shipments is actually a "third party" company located in the Bahamas, which happens to be owned entirely by UPS. Said company ran afoul of the Internal Revenue Service a few years ago, claiming to be independent from UPS, and claiming to be exempt from US taxes.