Class action lawsuit pertaining to not being able to take 10 minute breaks

AB831

The law requires documented proof of work breaks being made available and taken accordingly.
Remember when you tried to tell me that I'd have a criminal record for taking my break during the sort after you told me how stupid my college major was and refused to answer what yours was when questioned? That was one of my most entertaining conversations on this message board.

bacha29

Remember when you tried to tell me that I'd have a criminal record for taking my break during the sort after you told me how stupid my college major was and refused to answer what yours was when questioned? That was one of my most entertaining conversations on this message board.
Don't take my word for it. Check you company employee handbook. Check with the U.S. Department of Labor. Being that you are an English major one would expect you to be able to read and hopefully comprehend simple printed English. Oh yes, the law does apply to you as well no matter how much it cramps your style or inconveniences you.

AB831

Don't take my word for it. Check you company employee handbook. Check with the U.S. Department of Labor. Being that you are an English major one would expect you to be able to read and hopefully comprehend simple printed English. Oh yes, the law does apply to you as well no matter how much it cramps your style or inconveniences you.
And once again, the chump takes the bait.

AB831

The chump is a guy like you who thinks the law doesn't apply to him.
Show me the law I’m disobeying by taking a break on the sort. Don’t give me a vague description either. I know you like to cower when challenged directly, so show me the specific law I’m breaking.

bacha29

I first have to know the state in which you're located. It's not about taking a break while on sort . It's about your clocking out for a break but staying on the sort line and continuing to work. Now if you're never injured while continuing to work the sort even though the record shows that you've clocked out for break or the auditors never catch you........fine. But, if an injury were to occur or an auditor/manager catches you doing it , it then becomes an indisputable employee integrity issue and cause for termination. And if it were to happen you would be totally at the mercy of the company in which they can either grant you an exception on the condition that you never do it again or make an example out of you.

This was a big issue at Ground whereby badly overworked contractor employed drivers were entering for the record the required break times but were actually working right through them. Now this was all fine and dandy with many contractors until the auditors started comparing time sheet records with delivery times . And when the feces hit the rotating oscillator some contractors were taken behind the closed door which in most cases lead to the woodshed.

So if the benefits in your mind's eye are worth the risks , please be my guest..........After all you're a consenting adult.

AB831

I first have to know the state in which you're located. It's not about taking a break while on sort . It's about your clocking out for a break but staying on the sort line and continuing to work. Now if you're never injured while continuing to work the sort even though the record shows that you've clocked out for break or the auditors never catch you........fine. But, if an injury were to occur or an auditor/manager catches you doing it , it then becomes an indisputable employee integrity issue and cause for termination. And if it were to happen you would be totally at the mercy of the company in which they can either grant you an exception on the condition that you never do it again or make an example out of you.

This was a big issue at Ground whereby badly overworked contractor employed drivers were entering for the record the required break times but were actually working right through them. Now this was all fine and dandy with many contractors until the auditors started comparing time sheet records with delivery times . And when the feces hit the rotating oscillator some contractors were taken behind the closed door which in most cases lead to the woodshed.

So if the benefits in your mind's eye are worth the risks , please be my guest..........After all you're a consenting adult.
I didn’t ask for you to give me a hypothetical scenario; I asked for you to tell me what law I’m breaking. You regularly tell me I have no regard for the law, so you should be able to tell me what that law actually is. However, I’m assuming you don’t actually know the law and similarly to how you were too chicken to admit you didn’t go to college long after it became apparent, you’re probably too chicken to admit you have no idea what law I’m allegedly breaking.

bacha29

I didn’t ask for you to give me a hypothetical scenario; I asked for you to tell me what law I’m breaking. You regularly tell me I have no regard for the law, so you should be able to tell me what that law actually is. However, I’m assuming you don’t actually know the law and similarly to how you were too chicken to admit you didn’t go to college long after it became apparent, you’re probably too chicken to admit you have no idea what law I’m allegedly breaking.
You never told me what state you live in . Furthermore it's no hypothetical scenario . You freely admitted that you clocked for a break yet stayed on the sort line. And at age 66 having spent 44 years all of it in the private economic sector I saw numerous company policy and employee integrity issues often involving willful time card fraud and the consequences there in .It doesn't take a juris degree to know that a bad employment record is often the result of poor decisions willfully made in an effort to achieve minimal benefit.

AB831

You never told me what state you live in . Furthermore it's no hypothetical scenario . You freely admitted that you clocked for a break yet stayed on the sort line. And at age 66 having spent 44 years all of it in the private economic sector I saw numerous company policy and employee integrity issues often involving willful time card fraud and the consequences there in .It doesn't take a juris degree to know that a bad employment record is often the result of poor decisions willfully made in an effort to achieve minimal benefit.
1) I'm not telling you where I live. 2) So it might not be a law now, depending on where I live? Because you were telling me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I WAS breaking the law and that I would have a CRIMINAL RECORD if I kept taking a break on the sort LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Such an egregious CRIMINAL offense like taking a break on a sort certainly wouldn't be contained to state lines, would it? It seems like your grasp of law is as tenuous as your grasp of everything else you pretend to be an expert of.

bacha29

1) I'm not telling you where I live. 2) So it might not be a law now, depending on where I live? Because you were telling me beyond a shadow of a doubt that I WAS breaking the law and that I would have a CRIMINAL RECORD if I kept taking a break on the sort LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Such an egregious CRIMINAL offense like taking a break on a sort certainly wouldn't be contained to state lines, would it? It seems like your grasp of law is as tenuous as your grasp of everything else you pretend to be an expert of.
First labor laws vary from state to state. In every one of the incidents that I bore witness to where people were terminated for time card violations the companies response was all the same. "it's the law.......it's the law".

Now consider this.....Fat Freddy has made it perfectly clear that his company come hell or high water WILL be the lowest cost carrier in the industry. So here you are a low seniority full time employee and easily replaced with a low cost part time employee making a 40% lower wage and zero benefits . In addition, you are a nonunion "at will" employee with little to no legal recourse. Yeah sure,you have a laughable, purely symbolic grievance process but just remember who's signing the paycheck of the guy who will decide your case so don't expect him to stickup for you if it's a case of willful violation.

Sure, I've heard all about your pursuit of a degree in English. But, there is no shortage of people out there with English degrees doing things for a living they thought they would never be going ........Why? Because in the end.........YOU WILL TAKE WHAT THE ECONOMY WILL GIVE YOU !......Regardless of what you might BELIEVE you're entitled to. And that reason alone why nothing else needs to be said about the matter.

AB831

Sure, I've heard all about your pursuit of a degree in English. But, there is no shortage of people out there with English degrees doing things for a living they thought they would never be going ........Why? Because in the end.........YOU WILL TAKE WHAT THE ECONOMY WILL GIVE YOU !......Regardless of what you might BELIEVE you're entitled to. And that reason alone why nothing else needs to be said about the matter.
LMAO

bacha29

Ok, and when you win your first Pullitzer Prize please allow me to be the first to congratulate you. LMFAO. In the meantime thanks to information technology you'll never have to worry about your past catching up with you........Because it will be there waiting for you when you arrive for your next job interview. And that interviewer will know you better than your own mother.

AB831

Ok, and when you win your first Pullitzer Prize please allow me to be the first to congratulate you. LMFAO. In the meantime thanks to information technology you'll never have to worry about your past catching up with you........Because it will be there waiting for you when you arrive for your next job interview. And that interviewer will know you better than your own mother.
What past lmfao? Taking a break during the sort? Lolll I’m sure that’ll be the first thing I’m asked about on my next job interview. And why are you so OBSESSED with the degree I’m studying? You don’t have one at all, so what’s it to you, really?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What past lmfao? Taking a break during the sort? Lolll I’m sure that’ll be the first thing I’m asked about on my next job interview. And why are you so OBSESSED with the degree I’m studying? You don’t have one at all, so what’s it to you, really?
Bacha is an obsessive-neurotic.

No bonafides needed.

bacha29

it's your employment and therefore it's up to you to safeguard it. Over the years I worked side by side in manufacturing and warehouse environments with quite q number of people with English and other liberal arts degrees. I asked them, "why are you here"? The answer was always the same. Too many people with them and not enough jobs for all of the people who hold them.

In my state there are 16 publicly supported liberal arts colleges and universities. And that's not even counting the private ones A few months ago I watched on public affairs network TV a live state hearing with the state department of public education at which time several elected state representatives came right out and said......"We have way too many English and liberal arts majors . We need scientists, engineers, accountants, and we are critically short of skilled tradesmen. And therefore our state system of higher education must restructure it's programs and degree offerings to align itself with today's economy."

Now if you can find a place for yourself in the field of art and literature be my guest. But, if you find yourself 10 years from now still delivering Fat Freddy's letters and jewelry boxes because it's all the work that's available to you it isn't like nobody pointed this fact out to you.

AB831

it's your employment and therefore it's up to you to safeguard it. Over the years I worked side by side in manufacturing and warehouse environments with quite q number of people with English and other liberal arts degrees. I asked them, "why are you here"? The answer was always the same. Too many people with them and not enough jobs for all of the people who hold them.

In my state there are 16 publicly supported liberal arts colleges and universities. And that's not even counting the private ones A few months ago I watched on public affairs network TV a live state hearing with the state department of public education at which time several elected state representatives came right out and said......"We have way too many English and liberal arts majors . We need scientists, engineers, accountants, and we are critically short of skilled tradesmen. And therefore our state system of higher education must restructure it's programs and degree offerings to align itself with today's economy."

Now if you can find a place for yourself in the field of art and literature be my guest. But, if you find yourself 10 years from now still delivering Fat Freddy's letters and jewelry boxes because it's all the work that's available to you it isn't like nobody pointed this fact out to you.
So you seriously think that my plan is to get my sheepskin and then just hope someone will give me a job? You don't think I have an actual goal or an endgame? You don't think that I've researched the specific field I want to go into? You don't think I've researched the compensation for that field? You don't think I've researched the supply and demand of that field? You don't think I have plans for parallel continued education once I'm in my field? I know this hurts your fragile ego to hear from someone forty years your junior, but when it comes to education, I KNOW MORE THAN YOU. However, it's amusing watching you make a fool out of yourself with the effort to which you've gone trying to convince me otherwise.

Last edited: