Class action lawsuit pertaining to not being able to take 10 minute breaks

Mutineer

We agree on most things, but I will have to disagree with your analysis here. The company will always be the respondent. A driver may have criminal exposure.
I think better money would be spent on backup cameras. I was there as you were. Which camera on all trucks would prove to be more beneficial?
I know the answer as you do.
I've been on both sides, I'll ask you as I did Dano, Why the perceived push to penalize the humps that provide the revenue? I'm asking questions now, guide me through it.

It's just a big shakedown. Like an ISO certification. If the technology or protocol exists that 'might' make something safer or better, then companies are pressured into adopting these things or risk being found negligent, anti-progressive, or behind the times.

And nobody cares what or how the stooges or, as you put it, "humps" behind the wheel think or feel.

Just another blue-collar laborer. Another box-donkey. Dime a dozen. If they don't like it, I'm sure their green-card wielding replacements won't mind at all.

floridays

It's just a big shakedown. Like an ISO certification. If the technology or protocol exists that 'might' make something safer or better, then companies are pressured into adopting these things or risk being found negligent, anti-progressive, or behind the times.

And nobody cares what or how the stooges or, as you put it, "humps" behind the wheel think or feel.

Just another blue-collar laborer. Another box-donkey. Dime a dozen. If they don't like it, I'm sure their green-card wielding replacements won't mind at all.
I say humps lovingly, I was one. Not sure if I agree with the rest you posted. Not saying I disagree either, just not enough information. I still see no reason to have a driver facing camera. Period.

floridays

I believe all of our trucks these days have backup cameras with the exception of some rentals.
Not that you asked for a response from me, but I had one of the only backup cameras in my building, more than a decade ago. I liked it, didn't have one for many years before that. I think they are nice. Cuts down on GOAL. You're a kid though.

Nolimitz

Many of our older 700's do not have back up cams, never did. A sprinter I drive has one, but after 3 miles it has the blue screen of death all day. Been like that for years and no one willing to fix or replace it...

floridays

There's a perceived push to do that because those who hold that perception are nuts.
I agree, I'm nuts.
If cameras are needed to assure compliance of any kind, I think it is reasonable to activate or install them on every computer company wide. Suits and humps alike should be accountable for every second. I'm thankful I'm not a hump in the climate that exists today.
It is not your father's Federal Express, it's FedEx.
I am not a bleeding heart liberal, I do think each employee deserves to be trusted until they prove they can't be trusted. And a camera at that point is not the answer, termination is.

It will be fine

I agree, I'm nuts.
If cameras are needed to assure compliance of any kind, I think it is reasonable to activate or install them on every computer company wide. Suits and humps alike should be accountable for every second. I'm thankful I'm not a hump in the climate that exists today.
It is not your father's Federal Express, it's FedEx.
I am not a bleeding heart liberal, I do think each employee deserves to be trusted until they prove they can't be trusted. And a camera at that point is not the answer, termination is.
You guys don’t have the buildings wired with cameras? IT can certainly follow everything office workers do on their computers.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They aren’t double edged if implemented properly. If you use the video to coach your drivers and document it well there is no increased liability. If you keep video of your drivers behaving in an unsafe manner and have nothing to show you’re addressing it then you’re in trouble.
FedEx is requiring cab cameras to protect FedEx, not the contractors, or their employees. So, when the inevitable happens, it will be the contractor who takes it on the chin. Plausible deniability will no longer exist. The deep pockets involved will be the ones that suffer, and that's NOT the driver.

Defend on.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I agree, I'm nuts.
If cameras are needed to assure compliance of any kind, I think it is reasonable to activate or install them on every computer company wide.

Knock yourself out.

When you start your company, you can install them as you see fit.

floridays

[
Knock yourself out.

When you start your company, you can install them as you see fit.
I understand you have no legitimate response, I know where I have been, and don't turn on my own. I'm starting to see why many despise you here. Equity, that's all. You put a courier under camera, same for the suits. Equity, and again, I'm no lib, I do understand respect however.