Class action lawsuit pertaining to not being able to take 10 minute breaks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
[

I understand you have no legitimate response, I know where I have been, and don't turn on my own. I'm starting to see why many despise you here. Equity, that's all. You put a courier under camera, same for the suits. Equity, and again, I'm no lib, I do understand respect however.

Hard for a suit to crash his cubicle because he was texting while looking at his monitor.

floridays

Hard for a suit to crash his cubicle because he was texting while looking at his monitor.
Let's be serious, I'm not Bacha or another dingbat that attacks everything FedEx. The camera"s have nothing to do with accidents.
It is all about the company believes they are getting screwed with unproductive minutes by thousands of couriers daily. I say cubicles do the same, let's monitor them. Equity. They are salary, but those salaries could be adjusted for friend'ing around time.
I'm your equal or more, don't speak down to me as you do other's, and we will do well.

59 Dano

Let's be serious, I'm not Bacha or another dingbat that attacks everything FedEx.

Oh?

The camera"s have nothing to do with accidents.
It is all about the company believes they are getting screwed with unproductive minutes by thousands of couriers daily.

"I'm not Bacha or another dingbat."

The cameras I'm familiar with start and stop with the ignition. Hard for a courier to have unproductive minutes that can be caught by a camera when he's driving.

I say cubicles do the same, let's monitor them. Equity. They are salary, but those salaries could be adjusted for friend'ing around time.
I'm your equal or more, don't speak down to me as you do other's, and we will do well.

Buffoon, act like you've got some sense.

59 Dano

It is all about the company believes they are getting screwed with unproductive minutes by thousands of couriers daily. I say cubicles do the same, let's monitor them. Equity. They are salary, but those salaries could be adjusted for friend'ing around time.

Speaking of that, the company got rid of a ton of salaried positions back in 2013 and 2014.

floridays

Oh?

"I'm not Bacha or another dingbat."

The cameras I'm familiar with start and stop with the ignition. Hard for a courier to have unproductive minutes that can be caught by a camera when he's driving.

Buffoon, act like you've got some sense.
Thanks for the information about the camera's you're familiar with. New information for me.

I can't remember the last time I've been called a buffoon, a lot worse yes. It was merely an illustration, dinging salaried persons, for * around, we are all paid for results. I've worked side by side with worthless... you know the rest. A facial camera on them would have been delicious.
I just don't understand the reason to keep turning the screws on the people that bring the bacon home. I'm sorry, I'm PSP when it was PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:

floridays

Figures YOU would try to justify this. Oh well, once a corporate apologist, always a corporate apologist.
He has no argument, that's why he called me a buffoon. I'd welcome him back to actually address the cameras, and the Hacks Cross and Collierville walkouts. Collierville is IT.
Hacks Cross is corp, at South Wind.

59 Dano

He has no argument, that's why he called me a buffoon. I'd welcome him back to actually address the cameras, and the Hacks Cross and Collierville walkouts. Collierville is IT.
Hacks Cross is corp, at South Wind.

There's nothing to argue. The cameras are there for safety and/or liability reasons. As others have stated, this is becoming the norm. You're driving someone else's vehicle on someone else's time. It's like working in cold weather - don't take the job if you're so against it.

SmithBarney

That's why OLCC's are resented by couriers. That, and the fact they can't be GFT'd.

Hey at least you can put in a note now with your OLCC response... while it doesn't do anything it feels good to have a record of "your side of the story"

Oh yeah I take 10min breaks all the time. When nature calls, gotta answer.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The 10 minute break lawsuit is a real thing....UPS had to settle with us about 10 years ago for the tune of around 90 million dollars. Just for drivers in California, most got around $6K but some got as high as $10K. We had no where to record it in our DIAD’s so UPS couldn’t prove we had taken them.
That was the beginning of UPS not being able to automatically deduct 40 minutes from your paid day in Minnesota. Prior to this they would deduct it even if you didn't take it.
Just made the runners who didn't take it more money...extra 3 hours and 20 minutesof pay each week.
Then they started giving warning letters for not taking it.
Since all Management is Shady and Corrupt they never told us the actual reason..that they couldn't deduct it if we didn't take it.