CLASSIC GROUND DRIVER

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Excellent Cactus: Smith is going on 72 and I don't think the retirement rules governing board members can be amended again to extend it beyond the current 75. Fred S only holds about 7% of the companys stock but how much his holding company holds is another matter. It will be interesting to see who will sit on the board of directors 10 years from now.

Fred leaving would be a very good thing for FDX.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If Mr. Fred thinks he as a Ground contractor can get better people for the money a contractor can pay a person, I challenge him to become one.No disrespect for those guys but let's face it, many Ground drivers are part of the socio/economic underclass of this nation .
Thank you for validating my position.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yes, hard as it may be to fathom, I can see things quite potentially getting even worse after the departure of Fredward.

bacha29

Route 66 You are right about that but the problem is that the voting shares of him and his holding company remain but that doesn't say that there won't be a battle for control in the future.

dvalleyjim

I know ground drivers that hit the liquor store on the way back from the route. My buddy drinks 2 16 oncers before he gets back to the terminal and reaks. Been doing it for years. His boss sometimes takes him to lunch when it's slow and they both drink beer. In Germany I hear the UPS drivers got mad because they took away their beer breaks. HaHa

dvalleyjim

I know. I'm saying that's why you never see a UPS driver leave their truck running, drive without a seat belt, back out of a driveway, etc.

The reason they don't do it is because UPS won't let them. Hey pay a ground driver 35/hour with bennies and I'll walk the friend'ing package down your drive too. Take away 20/hr. and bennies from you self righteous :censored2:s and you'll be doing the same thing too. I love it when I get a lecture from a UPS or Express guy. Stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

bacha29

Excellant DVJ.Ground bases it's pay to contactors based on what they think it costs to run a truck in an optimun operating environment . That's why the contractor settlements are so low that isn't much left over for driver pay so you take what you can get in the way of drivers. THose guys a UPSand EX are simply there because they got lucky and all it was was pure luck or they knew somebody They think that puts them in an elite class but in reality they're just gear punchers like the rest of us.

dex 84

The reason they don't do it is because UPS won't let them. Hey pay a ground driver 35/hour with bennies and I'll walk the friend'ing package down your drive too. Take away 20/hr. and bennies from you self righteous :censored2:s and you'll be doing the same thing too. I love it when I get a lecture from a UPS or Express guy. Stick your opinion where the sun don't shine.

If they wanted a driver that gave a :censored2: they should've made sure you were paid enough to give a :censored2:.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, hard as it may be to fathom, I can see things quite potentially getting even worse after the departure of Fredward.

Maybe, but there's always a chance we'll get someone whose head isn't completely up their butt who will make much-needed change. Fred has a proven track record of selling his employees down the river, and I think his stamp of approval is on each and every takeaway.

It's who he is. A cheap A-hole.

overflowed

Excellant DVJ.Ground bases it's pay to contactors based on what they think it costs to run a truck in an optimun operating environment . That's why the contractor settlements are so low that isn't much left over for driver pay so you take what you can get in the way of drivers. THose guys a UPSand EX are simply there because they got lucky and all it was was pure luck or they knew somebody They think that puts them in an elite class but in reality they're just gear punchers like the rest of us.
I don't know about luck. Don't know anybody there . I just applied and took the job.

dezguy

Maybe, but there's always a chance we'll get someone whose head isn't completely up their butt who will make much-needed change. Fred has a proven track record of selling his employees down the river, and I think his stamp of approval is on each and every takeaway.

It's who he is. A cheap A-hole.
The only CEO in the world is one who looks at the bottom line and nothing else. We are nothing but vessels to get the package into the truck and out of the truck to the customer.

I have a very bad feeling that once Fred is out of the picture, we're all going to see major changes and not ones that are good for us, rather good for the shareholders. There are going to be a lot of people kicking themselves for not wanting a union to represent us.

I just pray that by then, one of the many lines I have in the water turn something up and I can get out.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The future is definitely very bleak at FedEx as far as one's career is concerned whether Smith is here or not. But once he's gone, who's gonna pay off all the influential politicians that keep supporting his special RLA deal that pretty much keeps the union out?