climate catastrophe

rickyb

That’s not a function that has any relevance or meaning. When I was a kid I was told children Ethiopia were starving because of the drought. It was only partially true the real truth was every bit of aid that was sent was captured by warlords and sold. Simply saying you have to care means nothing. Asking me to care about the rest of the world in regards to global warming is about as silly as asking me to care about Star Wars in the matrix because it’s made up, nonsense.
Things that are happening in other parts of the world or Geo political and orchestrated and I can’t do anything about that.
Its true u can affect ur own govt the most, but internationalism is extremely important

I liked internationalism when iraq war started

rickyb

And you're learning all the wrong lessons. You know the only mention of money were in reference to payments to or from smugglers, the mob, and gamblers. The empire didn't use capitalism, it outlawed it and took what it wanted under threat of violence.
Darth vader talks like a capitalist

Capitalists use violence

Thebrownblob

I don’t need to go through 10 cars in a lifetime if they’re reliable enough. They’re operating in sweat shops but ppl are like ooo free shipping and it’s only $20 cheap dress I’ll wear for this one event
Then don’t buy the cheap stuff? My newest vehicle is a 2007

imjanedoe

banned slut
Then don’t buy the cheap stuff? My newest vehicle is a 2007
Why do we need 100 different choices. Why put out something cheap? Goes back to when I said use a bus. Ride a bike. Walk. Live within your means. Ppl buy clothes and throw them away. They have thousands of dollars worth of unworn shoes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thebrownblob

Why do we need 100 different choices. Why put out something cheap? Goes back to when I said use a bus. Ride a bike. Walk. Live within your means. Ppl buy clothes and throw them away. They have thousands of dollars worth of unworn shoes 🤷🏻‍♀️
But those things are not your business if you don’t want people in your business stay out of theirs.
Why do you care if there’s something cheap? If it’s crap don’t buy it and it won’t be there all by itself because the market will eliminate it. The sheer number of choices we have as Americans is indicative of our freedom. It’s really not our place to worry about what other people make choices about.
I would think you of all people would be cognizant that personal choice is important?