Coal in stockings

P

pickup

Based on the the number of posts by relative newbies in which they state they believe they attained or are about to attain seniority, it would appear to me that UPS human resource departments throughout the nation have mislead , if not outright lied to their new employees hired for peak in order to attract people in a tightened labor market.

I think it is shameful.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people come post Christmas.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its always been that way as far as I know. Work your butt off-skip breaks and we may keep you on after peak. BS

P

pickup

Its always been that way as far as I know. Work your butt off-skip breaks and we may keep you on after peak. BS

Yeah but this time, it sounds like they are telling people that they are being hired permanently , which is not the case.

stoliohranj

I mean, I started Tuesday after Thanksgiving as a helper. Was told no chance of anything after the 25th.

Hired onto preload the week after Christmas . Started driving the next peak.

I guess I just got unlucky.

rod

Retired 22 years
I mean, I started Tuesday after Thanksgiving as a helper. Was told no chance of anything after the 25th.

Hired onto preload the week after Christmas . Started driving the next peak.

I guess I just got unlucky.

Anything can happen at UPS but believe me you are the exception to the what normally happens.

PT Car Washer

Anything can happen at UPS but believe me you are the exception to the what normally happens.
My son worked inside the Hub for a year and a half, turned 21 in Jan, driver school in Mar and started driving in April. Right now I believe he has seniority over about a dozen FT drivers. My building has been hiring FT drivers for the last 2 years. Anyone who is interested is being given a chance. And with the pension increase the first of Jan 2017 I see this continuing.

El Correcto

god is dead
The problem is they hire these guys during peak season for full time position. The company doesn't count the peak season time toward their 30day probation. Then after peak, if they bother staying, they begin dropping like flies disqualified left and right for non sense. Happened last year sure it'll happen this year.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was told all peak drivers are being kept in my building to fulfill the new tues to sat scheduling needs. I don't believe it, but we will see.