Someone please explain...

rod

Retired 22 years
Or sending 15,000 armed troops to oppose a few hundred refugees hundreds of miles away? At least ORION did not come out of my paycheck.

You do realized these troops are being paid monthly anyway weather they are sitting around some Army base picking their nose or are sent out to stop people from ILLEGALLY crossing our borders. I say send them out and let them keep the cobwebs off the weapons.

PT Car Washer

You do realized these troops are being paid monthly anyway weather they are sitting around some Army base picking their nose or are sent out to stop people from ILLEGALLY crossing our borders. I say send them out and let them keep the cobwebs off the weapons.
No one is picking their nose. They are doing training and maintenance. Processing refugees is a civilian mission not a military mission. Just a political stunt to put fear into the electorate at the cost of hundreds of millions of US tax Dollars days before an election.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet the Dems would have given their left arm to have that herd hit the border BEFORE mid-terms. Just think of all the bashing they could have done if a shot or two was fired.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've had EXCELLANT VA care. I also doctor with our local health clinic just to keep my options open and I prefer the VA experience anytime. I've NEVER had to wait longer than 15 minutes of any scheduled appt. time.

I'm glad you've had a good experience with the VA. Not everyone has had the same. It may depend on your particular health issues.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm glad you've had a good experience with the VA. Not everyone has had the same. It may depend on your particular health issues.

Or if you are dealing with a Large city VA facility or a small town one like we are lucky to have close by.

PT Car Washer

I bet the Dems would have given their left arm to have that herd hit the border BEFORE mid-terms. Just think of all the bashing they could have done if a shot or two was fired.
I believe our troops have more discipline and better led then to fire on unarmed refugees. But you are right it would be a tragedy owned by the commander in chief.

PT Car Washer

I'm not sure "tragedy" would be the right word for it. After all they will be INVADING our border.
Invade or seeking protection and asylum? I can't believe anyone would consider a few hundred poor men woman and children as being a threat to the richest and most powerful country in the world. What would the Bible say?

PT Car Washer

I'm not sure "tragedy" would be the right word for it. After all they will be INVADING our border.
I would like to discuss it further but I have to go to work tomorrow so I can help pay for your Pension check and Social Security check. Just don't go and spend my money foolishly.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would like to discuss it further but I have to go to work tomorrow so I can help pay for your Pension check and Social Security check. Just don't go and spend my money foolishly.

No way would I spend my money foolishly. I invest in Harleys and new cars and pick-ups. Work hard

John Boy

Invade or seeking protection and asylum? I can't believe anyone would consider a few hundred poor men woman and children as being a threat to the richest and most powerful country in the world. What would the Bible say?
So the US is supposed to be a safe haven for the rest of the world? There's also a correct way to go about it like applying for visas/citizenship. You're talking about the same group of people who were on camera throwing rocks at a military helicopter trying to bring it down.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
220 million is the additional cost of deploying them there.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You would rather have for profit health care insurance companies billing the government and being paid in tax Dollars lining their pockets?

I'd rather healthcare be not-for-profit, or have both for profit and nonprofit options available, and for the government to stay out of it beyond common sense regulation. Focus on minimizing costs, implementing technology to streamline processes and improve access, minimize liability for anything short of gross negligence. There are so many ways that healthcare can be improved that don't involve insurance or government controlling money. Insurance and government only drive up costs and limit access.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Ezekiel 9:5–7
To the others He said in my hearing, “Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity. Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple. Then He said to them, “Defile the temple, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out!” And they went out and killed in the city.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ezekiel 9:5–7
To the others He said in my hearing, “Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity. Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple. Then He said to them, “Defile the temple, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out!” And they went out and killed in the city.

Nothing like good old religion to spice things up. Bring out the snakes and start thumping them bibles.

If you approve of 50%+ tax rates, then you too can let the government show you how good it really is at wasting your money on mismanaging social programs. If you want an example of how our government would manage health care, look no further than the VA.

My mother met my dad at the VA during Vietnam. After she retired she volunteered at a VA in Florida. She said nothings changed for the better. Ouch.. =/ Almost 50 years and you still get jack :censored2:. How sad it is how we treat our warriors smfh.