COLA is a 33 cent adjustment to top scale

Its_a_me

Some people get little or no annual increases and many do not get the cost of living adjustment
Which is why people are quitting jobs at record rates and taking their skills and knowledge elsewhere...it's all in the ADP jobs report.

For March it showed record quits and "Average hourly earnings gains are expected to hold at 0.4% while the headline unemployment rate is forecast to tick lower, to a multi-decade trough of around 3.5%."

Which is why people are quitting jobs at record rates and taking their skills and knowledge elsewhere...it's all in the ADP jobs report.
Yes there is a big opening for new hires because many employers are hurting but..

This economy is going in the tank and when it does happen you do not want to be the new guy that's got hired

Its_a_me

Yes there is a big opening for new hires because many employers are hurting but..

This economy is going in the tank and when it does happen you do not want to be the new guy that's got hired
Depends. New guy that gets hired is cheaper than old guy making an inflated salary (think 22.4's vs 22.3's here but without union protections). Some trim last hired, but most trim most expensive guy that can be replaced by younger, cheaper worker (that a lot of the time are more tech savvy). Or they outsource the expensive departments completely.

Depends. New guy that gets hired is cheaper than old guy making an inflated salary (think 22.4's vs 22.3's here but without union protections). Some trim last hired, but most trim most expensive guy that can be replaced by younger, cheaper worker (that a lot of the time are more tech savvy). Or they outsource the expensive departments completely.
22.4 jobs and 22.3 jobs are completely different classifications from a regular package car driver

And on another note a lot of these young guys, I want saying all of them do not want this job.

Especially working for a company it does not give a flexible schedule and is miserable to work for

Its_a_me

22.4 jobs and 22.3 jobs are completely different classifications from a regular package car driver

And on another note a lot of these young guys, I want saying all of them do not want this job.

Especially working for a company it does not give a flexible schedule and is miserable to work for
You completely missed my point so let me try it a different way

...if the company could cut (where I said minus union protections) the more expensive labor force and replace it with less expensive people that do the same job.... they will find a way.

You completely missed my point so let me try it a different way

...if the company could cut (where I said minus union protections) the more expensive labor force and replace it with less expensive people that do the same job.... they will find a way.
They're already outsourcing everything I can't right now.
And next year might get ugly

floridays

Not in a union shop.
That was not a shot at union's either to be clear, just a statement of my understanding.