College admissions scam

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t get why rich people got to get dragged through the mud.

If I was rich as :censored2: I’d be bribing my way through life to and leave the world with the most entitled Instagram trust fund kids ever.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don’t get why rich people got to get dragged through the mud.
Exactly!
Usually rich people donate money directly to a school to get their child in.

I guess if it's the University/College accepting the donation/bribe, it's Okay but
the coaches and staff cannot accept donation/bribe.

P

pickup

Exactly!

I guess if it's the University/College accepting the donation/bribe, it's Okay but

Exactly!, and the way you described and the way it is shown in the video, it is all out in the open.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Exactly!

Upon further reflection ... this sounds just like the BS the NCAA imposes on student athletes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lynnfield father charged in college bribery case - Itemlive

The U.S Attorney’s Office allege John Wilson, 59, paid $1.5 million to University of Southern California’s (USC) water polo coach Jovan Vavic, and two organizations created to conceal the source of the bribes, to get his three children admitted under the guise of being recruited as athletes.

In exchange for the cash, Wilson secured admission at USC for his son as a purported recruit to the school’s water polo team, and Stanford University and Harvard University for his twin daughters, according to court documents.

No mention of any Swat Teams arresting this one.

vantexan

Lynnfield father charged in college bribery case - Itemlive

The U.S Attorney’s Office allege John Wilson, 59, paid $1.5 million to University of Southern California’s (USC) water polo coach Jovan Vavic, and two organizations created to conceal the source of the bribes, to get his three children admitted under the guise of being recruited as athletes.

In exchange for the cash, Wilson secured admission at USC for his son as a purported recruit to the school’s water polo team, and Stanford University and Harvard University for his twin daughters, according to court documents.

No mention of any Swat Teams arresting this one.
I guess that explains why water polo exists as a competitive sport.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is it so important to get into a prestigious institution of higher learning? I was just happy my kids went to college. I guess that's why we're mired in middle class existence.

bacha29

I heard part of the investigation was because people's bribes were written off on their taxes as donations to the organization of the guy running the scam.

Not looking good for those people.
Willful tax fraud could be the most damaging. It's what got Manafort in the end and it's not over for him yet. Look for the IRS to quietly get their budget increased quite a bit enabling them to put more people in the collection and enforcement divisions.

bbsam

Staff member
Then perhaps there still is honor among thieves. Especially among white collar crooks who always do no wrong........ until they get caught.
You don’t get it bacha. His soul would be in prison knowing he couldn’t have his limo drive him to his private airfield to get on one of his five private jets. Prison? Nay! ‘T would be damnation of the foulest sort! Damned to the coldest, cruelest depths of hell for this man who hath lived a blameless life, so sayeth the judge, so sayeth is all!!

Forgiveth the man. Spareth his soul.