Comey testimony 12/07/2018

Sportello

Banned
Mr. Comey . I don't know because I don't know what collusion means. It's a term I haven't heard in my career in the Justice Department, so I don't know.

Mr. Mueller would have another have indictment for lying to Congress if he were investigating Comey.
This answer from Comey is at least one of three, truth, misstatement or lie, or a combination.

1. There can be a criminal act of collusion which is can be an element in many antitrust prosecutions, which the Dept. of Justice prosecutes.

Lie or misstatement of fact, you decide.
If Comey was a Trump associate, Mueller would call it a lie and charge accordingly.

2. 'I don't know what collusion means,' "so I don't know.'

The man has a JD from University of Chicago Law, he is
well aware of illegal business practices that the term is used to define or illustrate criminal elements in Antitrust Law.

Mueller would consider this a lie to Congress as well.
The questioners asked Comey speculative questions, which he avoided. That's what a smart guy does, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I heard that one of the committee members thought that Comey may not have remembered how to find the exit door to leave the hearing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If all this started by submitting false data to get fisa warrants , could the fisa court now rule all warrants are voided?
Thus making all information collected useless. And ending the Mueller show ?

oldngray

nowhere special
If all this started by submitting false data to get fisa warrants , could the fisa court now rule all warrants are voided?
Thus making all information collected useless. And ending the Mueller show ?
Comey testified that the FBI didn't need to verify the sources for those FISA warrants

.... contrary to the law.

floridays

Comey got Gowdy to equate “collusion” with “conspiracy”. Rather masterful actually.
I don't consider it a masterful act when you raise the bar on yourself.
Do we finally have a named crime Mueller is investigating? Good luck proving conspiracy. By the way, conspiracy to do exactly what?

floridays

The questioners asked Comey speculative questions, which he avoided. That's what a smart guy does, right?
Both terms are defined completely in existing case law. Just answer the question truthfully, Mr. Comey.
I know why he didn't.
If Gowdy wanted a direct answer he could have tailored questions to yield it. He made his point to those that are aware of what he was searching for.
In Muellers book, Comey lied to House investigators. Simple as that.