commit time stops

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our mall driver was "spoken to" yesterday morning about one of his SSI accounts (The Children's Place). I guess we have an agreement with them that we will deliver their packages between 10 am and 1 pm. Well, he didn't have a lot of NDA so he decided to deliver them a bit early. I guess someone in Corporate who has nothing better to do saw this on a report and sent a message to the center telling him to stop doing it. You would think that it would be a good thing to deliver someone's stuff early (provided they are open) but I guess not.

They are focusing on the wrong stuff.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our mall driver was "spoken to" yesterday morning about one of his SSI accounts (The Children's Place). I guess we have an agreement with them that we will deliver their packages between 10 am and 1 pm. Well, he didn't have a lot of NDA so he decided to deliver them a bit early. I guess someone in Corporate who has nothing better to do saw this on a report and sent a message to the center telling him to stop doing it. You would think that it would be a good thing to deliver someone's stuff early (provided they are open) but I guess not.

I had a similar SSI account that was supposed to be delivered between 10 and 11. If I got there before 10 it would show on a report. I would do it anyway even though I usually would get a sup bitching about delivering too early.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a similar SSI account that was supposed to be delivered between 10 and 11. If I got there before 10 it would show on a report. I would do it anyway even though I usually would get a sup bitching about delivering too early.

Can you imagine if they tried to push this to a panel? Who in their right mind would fire someone over trying to take care of the customer?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Can you imagine if they tried to push this to a panel? Who in their right mind would fire someone over trying to take care of the customer?

It's a different company now. The reports and some metric is more important than taking care of the customer. Common sense is nonexistent in the hallowed halls of Atlanta.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's a different company now. The reports and some metric is more important than taking care of the customer. Common sense is nonexistent in the hallowed halls of Atlanta.
These pencil pushers are idiots. So now they are complaining about delivering a stop "too early." What has this company come to?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Their agreement is what they want, so by delivering early we are NOT giving them what they want, and are therefore not taking care of the customer.

Just deliver them whenever you want and prerecord them. As long as the actual store doesn't mind, then who cares

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Their agreement is what they want, so by delivering early we are NOT giving them what they want, and are therefore not taking care of the customer.
Just deliver them whenever you want and prerecord them. As long as the actual store doesn't mind, then who cares

There's a 17 or 18 year old pee-on manager at the Game Stop who tries to impress his junior pee-ons that he is important and makes a stink if we are early or late. Anyone who has run the route has had problems with him.

I got there one day at 945 instead of 10 and he tried to pull that crap with me and called in a complaint. The next day arrived at same time but it was payroll day. He WOULD've been happy to sign for the stuff that day unfortunately I had to tell him that my truck has a leaking roof and somehow the envelope was soaking wet and ruined....missed POSDAMAGE. By the time I had gotten in that Friday night the clerk was gone so that payroll didn't even get processed until Monday afternoon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The mall driver said the consignee was very happy to get their stuff "early".

Z

ZQXC

information concerning the package is a great deal more important than the package itself

scooby0048

How could you message in a BFE number, when it hasn't been made public how far forward you have to go first, to not trigger a BFE?

Just so you know, it's 400ft. Straight out of a DM's mouth and confirmed by a center manager in a different district.

ManInBrown

Just so you know, it's 400ft. Straight out of a DM's mouth and confirmed by a center manager in a different district.

We weren't told anything here. We were told the # will not be disclosed. And even if one did know a #, for example 400ft, how would you know if you met it?

scooby0048

We weren't told anything here. We were told the # will not be disclosed. And even if one did know a #, for example 400ft, how would you know if you met it?
Well as you can see, several people have told you the number. Take it with a grain of salt...100ft or 500ft, if you can't figure out how far 400ft is from years of driving experience you probably shouldn't be backing a truck in the first place.

Here's a little trick for you...
whatever MPH you are traveling, X1.47= feet per second
25mph X 1.47 = 36.75 feet per second
36.75 feet per second for just 11seconds and you made your 400ft.

ManInBrown

Well as you can see, several people have told you the number. Take it with a grain of salt...100ft or 500ft, if you can't figure out how far 400ft is from years of driving experience you probably shouldn't be backing a truck in the first place.

Here's a little trick for you...
whatever MPH you are traveling, X1.47= feet per second
25mph X 1.47 = 36.75 feet per second
36.75 feet per second for just 11seconds and you made your 400ft.

I couldn't care less what the # is or how many BFE's I give them per day. I'm more then capable of backing without hitting something. The main point of my original response was how Upstate could possibly message in how many BFE's he had in a day.

MethodsMan

You don't think your mgt team can access these times in your DIAD through ODS-E? We send them in as a courtesy.

I bet you're the only one that does. The only thing we have like that is to text in our Rec A. Which I did for like 2 days when it was the flavor of the week and stopped doing and no one has said a thing. Its a waste of time and I manage to have never had a missed origin.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I couldn't care less what the # is or how many BFE's I give them per day. I'm more then capable of backing without hitting something. The main point of my original response was how Upstate could possibly message in how many BFE's he had in a day.

I never said that I messaged the total I had during the day. What I said was I messaged in to give them a heads up on a particular BFE.

porkwagon

I deal with similar circumstances. Every morning before the PCM I make sure I can find all my commit time stops. Used to be called SSI accounts. If I can't find them I tell them before I leave the building. It's annoying but this is my routine everyday. Sometimes I can't find all my NDA. I tell them about that too. 30 minutes of AM time is the norm for me.
Are you looking for commit time packages before your start time? If you are then you are working off the clock. Stop doing that and get paid for all hours worked.