Company Seniority at FedEx Don't Mean Diddily

Joe Nuno

Company Seniority at FedEx Don't Mean Diddily

This malarky that FedEx does now, I was talking to a couple of line haul drivers today, and
was told that FedEx doesn’t honor seniority no more.
Let me explain the
scenario here, if a driver of local p & d that drove for 20 years as local p
& d driver, and then decides to jump into the line haul operation department
and transfers to it, he loose his seniority, which is ok, but not loose company
seniority for vacation or layoff.
Now as of today, being in the same barn, he
has no strap at all, meaning if a suppose a driver like Motto Rider that has 5
years with the company as a line Driver and this other driver that has 20 years
of company seniority and just transfer to line haul, will be layoff first before
Motto Rider.
Or Motto Rider will have first choice for vacation before the 20
year driver…Irudedog from changefedextowin and I warned everybody years ago
(2006) that extreme changes were coming, we saw the Big Picture when FedEx took
over.
I’ll say it again it’s time to organize now, it’s never too late, but
now we have to negotiate what you have lost on the bargaining
table.
Everybody that works for a Big Greedy Corporation needs a Collective
Bargaining Agreement!!!
ridinghorse.gif
deal.gif
flagwave.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LTFedExer

Sure. Seniority is only good for vacation bidding.
Guess when I was offered 2 routes I put in for, my seniority didn't count (in the end, I took neither one)
And only when you are over the 20 year mark, otherwise, you are screwed and aren't going to get the weeks you want anyway.
I get almost everything I want. True, I don't get Fall/winter/spring breaks with the kids, which would be nice. I do get my fiancees birthday week in May.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Guess when I was offered 2 routes I put in for, my seniority didn't count (in the end, I took neither one)

I get almost everything I want. True, I don't get Fall/winter/spring breaks with the kids, which would be nice. I do get my fiancees birthday week in May.

You are truly "special".

fedex_rtd

This is BS!!! I have seen many "senior" drivers transfer into my RT station from a DGO station. They "lose" seniority to bid on routes for 6 months, That's it! After the 6 month time period is up they get their "route bid" seniority back. This is done to prevent the hiring manager from "hiring" a butt buddy of his and letting him slide into a sweet route without going through the headache of being a swing or cover driver.

LTFedExer

You are truly "special".
Not special. There were guys in front of me. They also turned them down. I lost a 3rd route (the one I really wanted) by about 1500 employee numbers. Another driver is leaving in a few months. The only person I know of that wants it has more seniority, but is a swing driver.
This is BS!!! I have seen many "senior" drivers transfer into my RT station from a DGO station. They "lose" seniority to bid on routes for 6 months, That's it! After the 6 month time period is up they get their "route bid" seniority back. This is done to prevent the hiring manager from "hiring" a butt buddy of his and letting him slide into a sweet route without going through the headache of being a swing or cover driver.
You don't need to be a swing before getting a route after transferring. If you put in for a swing, you go in as a swing. If you put in for a route, you get the route. You do know it goes by CEV points and not strictly employee number? Someone could have less seniority, but more CEV points. The formula has changed, so I'm not sure how its calculated now.