Company seniority vs classification seniority

HeyPal

Fellow brothers, shed some light here plz,
became a full time package car driver 3 years ago, then got in Feeders a year ago. Local 705 Chicago. Was told that due to volume drop will not be guaranteed my 40 and will have to go day at a time to see if needed. Its not considered a lay off, just that the bottom 10 percent is not getting guaranteed hours.
So my question is, how do they calculate the bottom 10 percent, based on company seniority? ( full time since 2017 ) or feeder seniority? ( 2019 ).

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
became a full time package car driver 3 years ago, then got in Feeders a year ago. Local 705 Chicago. Was told that due to volume drop will not be guaranteed my 40 and will have to go day at a time to see if needed. Its not considered a lay off, just that the bottom 10 percent is not getting guaranteed hours.
So my question is, how do they calculate the bottom 10 percent, based on company seniority? ( full time since 2017 ) or feeder seniority? ( 2019 ).
Here it's by classification seniority. I don't know wtf you're talking about not guaranteed 40 though that doesn't sound right at all.

This is your livelihood you need to take this seriously and read your supplement and talk one on one with a Union rep. You probably won't get great info you can trust here.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
For L705: Bottom 10% of classification seniority: so, your feeder dept's Local 705 seniority list. (If you were still in package car, it would be your center's seniority list). Your FT seniority date comes into play if/when it comes to actual lay-offs.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For L705: Bottom 10% of classification seniority: so, your feeder dept's Local 705 seniority list. (If you were still in package car, it would be your center's seniority list). Your FT seniority date comes into play if/when it comes to actual lay-offs.

Same thing in the Central Region.

Only the top 90% employees are guaranteed 40 hours for the week.

The 10% employees are guaranteed 8 hrs.... when put to work.