St. Louis (Earth City Mo.) Appointment With HR For Feeder Driver Position

ltl

Ok, cool. For now, your pension would be $2500(assuming 25 and out) before taxes(at least here). Again, I'd plan on basically nothing and hope for the best. Remember, we have UPS'ers(Teamsters basically)(as I understand it) getting a fraction of what they were promised. I would be scared to death to count on any 401K as my retirement. Just looking at the last couple months....

Agreed. I don't trust SS, 401k or pensions (pensions are killed in part by low interest rates and that is here.to stay). However, those are the only three ways I know to invest for retirement.

quad decade guy

Agreed. I don't trust SS, 401k or pensions (pensions are killed in part by low interest rates and that is here.to stay). However, those are the only three ways I know to invest for retirement.

Cool. I wish you luck. Don't get me wrong/misunderstand, UPS pays relatively well all around steady and all compared to most. Welcome to, if and when.

quad decade guy

Sure you do. I fly 747's in my spare time.

Ok. What model? -800? Remember D.O.T. requires rest and you can't get paid for it. So, this is a charity/volunteer deal? For UPS on the weekends? What is it with you guys? Jealousy? Or is it something deeper? Like YOU are the miserable, multi ex wives, felon kids and drunken/secret oxy users? I DO have a plane and it took ME until my mid 50's to get it. Nothing special. Been flying since 1983. But hey, I'll think about ya next time I take a dump.

ltl

Hello All,

33 minutes ago I ended my 30th day of work as a permanent feeder driver. Just a few minutes before Labor Day I have completed my requirements for Teamsters membership.

Its been some months since posting here, but I want to thank you all for the encouragement and information. I was hired in permanent off the street. I am extraordinarily thankful for the opportunity and appreciate my job.

Finishing just before Labor Day is special to me for many reasons. One important reason i want to share with you all specifically is my Grandfather was a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers when he was murdered in 1982 (I was eight). He was a union activist and someone whose life I have always looked to to model after.

Before you all run me off for being sappy, I just want say thanks again. And I wish you all a very happy Labor Day.