Compete with Amazon

Not sure why we don't stand up to Amazon threats. UPS and Fedex could put a big dent in the Amazon model by opening all our gateway air hubs to UPSCommerce.com. UPS already has infrustructure with planes. Lets offer OUR customers to sell goods on a UPS commerce site at half the price as amazon. Pack it and ship it right from our gateway. Amazon wont know what hit them.
Wake up Management Commitee. Expand our services.

Sure free shipping for everyone but ups gets 20% of the merchandise sale price. Hello, McFly, Its not rocket science. UPS practically gives Amazon free shipping rates today and all amazon does is stock the item, pick,pak and ship it. Ups does all the hard work. Lets hit them in the gut of their business model.

Not sure why we don't stand up to Amazon threats. UPS and Fedex could put a big dent in the Amazon model by opening all our gateway air hubs to UPSCommerce.com. UPS already has infrustructure with planes. Lets offer OUR customers to sell goods on a UPS commerce site at half the price as amazon. Pack it and ship it right from our gateway. Amazon wont know what hit them.
Wake up Management Commitee. Expand our services.
UPS should buy Target.

Bamboozled

OK HERE IS THE PLAN!!!

1. Take away the Turkey, reduce Health Benefits, cap Mgmt pay and take away Years of Service Awards

2. Needlessly force experienced people out (that were already of retirement age and were leaving soon anyway) and promote under qualified people.

3. Pay Dividends instead of increasing the Stock price. That way the money gets siphoned out of the Company to the people with the most shares and the stock stays stagnant.

4. Hire clueless college children into IE Management positions with no operation experience so they can tell us how to run the Business.

5. Stop Contributions to the Guaranteed Defined Benefit Pension and Retirement Healthcare halfway through the careers of many. People have become envious of the elderly and now wish their life away.

6. Don’t bat an eye at paying the union Drivers $40 per hour by the end of the next contract and the promoted people with college educations less.

7. Take away already earned Vacation Pay on your last year from anyone that was hired before 2002.

8. Control Spending so the Buildings and Trucks fall into disrepair and no one gets a single iota of recognition.

Oh wait, that was the Self Destruct and Demoralizing Plan…..

PAUPSGuy

OK HERE IS THE PLAN!!!

1. Take away the Turkey, reduce Health Benefits, cap Mgmt pay and take away Years of Service Awards

2. Needlessly force experienced people out (that were already of retirement age and were leaving soon anyway) and promote under qualified people.

3. Pay Dividends instead of increasing the Stock price. That way the money gets siphoned out of the Company to the people with the most shares and the stock stays stagnant.

4. Hire clueless college children into IE Management positions with no operation experience so they can tell us how to run the Business.

5. Stop Contributions to the Guaranteed Defined Benefit Pension and Retirement Healthcare halfway through the careers of many. People have become envious of the elderly and now wish their life away.

6. Don’t bat an eye at paying the union Drivers $40 per hour by the end of the next contract and the promoted people with college educations less.

7. Take away already earned Vacation Pay on your last year from anyone that was hired before 2002.

8. Control Spending so the Buildings and Trucks fall into disrepair and no one gets a single iota of recognition.

Oh wait, that was the Self Destruct and Demoralizing Plan…..

You can boil it down to greed, complacency, and ignorance. They started putting profits over people and the system wasn't designed for and cannot adapt to that new process. At least not overnight like they expect, while all along saying otherwise. Now we are losing both, profits and people - rapidly. Eventually, like any intelligent business professional can see, the system will eat itself or 'self destruct'. No matter how much you value robots, and their impact on the future of humanity; human beings have a nearly limitless glass ceiling. With proper leadership, humans always win the war, but they may have to lose some battles to gather the right information to recalibrate their team(s). I really don't want to see this logistics titan die off over the next 10-20 years but it's going to take a ton of humility to turn this ship around.

I'm working 3 roles for months at the moment, and there is no end in sight for us in the operational side of the house. Somewhere along the way operations started to be perceived as the least important. Whereas the vision going back to the beginning of UPS was the opposite. We put our people fist right?... I was under the assumption everyone starts humping cardboard and from there moves their way through this behemoth. Boy was I wrong. There's always a lucrative career in another company in the private sector for those of us with degrees, and experience but it genuinely irks me to see MVP's forced to 'take their ball and go home'. This company should be a team game, not "I work less than you and get paid the same or more; so I'm more valuable." That's assinine and sadly becoming the standard. Maybe us youngsters can turn it around, maybe not. Only time will tell, but until there's any level of accountability again we're going to keep repeating the bad results, and grinding on the bones of everyone.

Bamboozled

I wish you the best. They need to realize the Stick only works if there is a Carrot, and they have taken all the Carrots away. Unobtainable goals and low morale. These Millenials have no loyalty and will not stay, and the BOD doesn’t seem to care.

It seems as if we are getting rid of all loyalty and financial liability so they can sell it.

PAUPSGuy

There's a reason why Millenials are the least brand loyal generation to date. Fact checking liars and management that relies on deceit happens in minutes, maybe hours thanks to the information age. Also, social/professional media platforms provide a rather rich environment to share thoughts, and opinions without repercussion. Allowing for growth we only saw previously inside closed rooms or universities on a MUCH smaller scale in relation to the workforce. Millennials will drop a company like UPS, Google, Amazon, Microsoft in a minute if they feel betrayed, lied to, or lack of a future. Those 3 go hand-in-hand inside current UPS. It costs at least 2x to fire an employee than hire one, on average. Especially in a company like UPS where they follow the 70/20/10 model and HEAVILY rely on experienced candidates. Harvard has studied this generational trend for years. According to a recent study by them, Millenials ranked higher than ANY other generation by a fair amount in one category. They want to make a lasting, positive impact on the organization they work for. Organizational psychologists are coining them the "Hero generation" because they have grown up through nearly 20 years of war! Losing friends and family for 2 damn decades. Millennials do not want bean bag chairs and google rooms. I can't speak for them all because like any generation there's a percentage of losers and winners but I can say the stigma should be researched further by the results they bring to work. I see Millenials doing the very same thing to the Gen Z's now and that's discouraging, to say the least. I make an effort to educate them both when I see it but like most idiots we hire/promote, they will group think with the authority, not the leader. They are very, very different styles that don't require a military background to see. Thanks for the kind wishes, enjoy your retirement.