Conditions were ripe for best contract ever

bowhnterdon

First contract I voted on was 1987, thought that was bad. Holy crap! This is a joke.
That contract, or the one in ‘90 was voted down. Unfortunately back then, it took a 2/3 no vote to reject. That was changed by the Carey Administration to a 50/50 vote I believe..

bddaddy

This video guy lost me with his math. If you want to make a point, check your facts first. Simple multiplication errors make him look foolish

Rack em

Made the Podium
This video guy lost me with his math. If you want to make a point, check your facts first. Simple multiplication errors make him look foolish
I think it was a quick thrown together thing. I remember him rounding his math a lot and not stating exact amounts. Overall I loved the video and wish more people took the time to get this information spread like he did.

Griff

Absolutely the worst contract presented in my almost 30 years with this company.

40 Hours if work is available. WTF is that? Can a RPCD who did not get his/her 40 hours because work was not available displace on Hybrid on Saturday or Sunday? Work will be available then.

And the language could have easily contained something to the effect of: All OT AND EXTRA WORK will be offered to current FT package car drivers first, then to 22.4 drivers and force in reverse. We have 0 drivers in our center on the 9.5 list for a grand total of 0%. Yet; we have about 7 to 9 ( approx.10%) drivers signing up every single week for Saturday Air. We should keep our right to OT.

And this would cut back on excessive OT to every driver; whether they be a RCPD or a Hybrid.

Complete and Utter Sell Out. Hoffa/Taylor/UPS Mgmt are one in the same.

Hoffa is coming off an election where he barely was able to retain his job by the skin of his teeth. That's why Denis T is the figurehead for this contract, to keep the heat off Hoffa/Hall. This contract is so bad that if it does manage to pass, due to IBT membership stupidity, the fallout over the course of this contract will 100% get Hoffa/Hall out.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hoffa is coming off an election where he barely was able to retain his job by the skin of his teeth. That's why Denis T is the figurehead for this contract, to keep the heat off Hoffa/hall. This contract is so bad that if it does manage to pass, due to IBT membership stupidity, the fallout over the course of this contract will 100% get Hoffa/hall out.

I'd like to think so, but, as I have heard from a few sources, other teamsters don't consider us true teamsters. Not sure if there are enough voting upsers to show the current administration the door. Is the IBT doing this bad for other members, or are we the red-headed stepchildren? They need to start treating us like the cash cows we are.

IGotARock

Hoffa is coming off an election where he barely was able to retain his job by the skin of his teeth. That's why Denis T is the figurehead for this contract, to keep the heat off Hoffa/hall. This contract is so bad that if it does manage to pass, due to IBT membership stupidity, the fallout over the course of this contract will 100% get Hoffa/hall out.
Hoffa and Hall are going to get voted out regardless. This is just them making some sweetheart deals on the way out, so they'll get taken care of after they are forced into retirement.