Congrats Ron Sowders

mittam

I would like to offer to Ron a big CONGRATULATIONS and share it with all on the Cafe. Ron celebrated 45 years of safe driving today. He is a feeder driver in West Carrollton, Ohio and still doesn't have immediate retirement plans.Congrats Ron hope you get out soon and enjoy the farm!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Congrats to you Ron, Carrolton , is that Stark or Portage county? If so you are my neighbor, and you are in central states, so I know why you are still working. Anyway, 45 yrs safe driving, WOW. 45 yrs of service is a helluva milestone, but safe driving, Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
He's in Central States. Could have left 10 years ago for $3 grand a month. Maybe he's waiting for the pension to go higher next contract.

rod

Retired 22 years
He's in Central States. Could have left 10 years ago for $3 grand a month. Maybe he's waiting for the pension to go higher next contract.
10 years ago he would have received $3,500 a month ($3,000 plus 100 bucks a month for every year over 30). Congradulation on your safe driving record but why would anybody even want to stay 45 years at UPS? I wonder how many cans of touchup paint a person would go through in 45 years.:) p.s. Keep working Ron (the less retirees there are means the more $ available for me)!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Rod, good point on the stay longer more for us. Every person that stays 5 more years for 500$ more a month leaves $180,000 in the fund for the rest of us.

wyobill

10 years ago he would have received $3,500 a month ($3,000 plus 100 bucks a month for every year over 30). Congradulation on your safe driving record but why would anybody even want to stay 45 years at UPS? I wonder how many cans of touchup paint a person would go through in 45 years.:) p.s. Keep working Ron (the less retirees there are means the more $ available for me)!
You meant for the Teamsters didnt you Ron?

mittam

And Thursday was his last day of work. He left after getting notible media attention and a party of sorts from UPS management. It was quite a scene for the first time in 3 years every truck got washed and "prettied up" for the media to come in nothing washed or cleaned since.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I still say congrats, and the thread turned more from congrats to the pension.
I gotta say anyone who works 45 yrs + for any company deserves my respect, and yours. Screw the pension, 45 yrs!! What a guy!!