Considering not being a package delivery driver

Faceplanted

You and your coworkers are the union. Why'd you get weak?
Nobody cares. There is a new generation of drivers now coming in. Somethings from the past couple years

Discipline from telematics
Drivers with 9/5 greviences from over 1 ago still not settled
Drivers fired for bs, out for months

There was a terrible center manager in a center in my building. Numerous people fired for bs, all of them were back, most without backpay. After talking to many of my insiders it tuns out he had a friendly relationship with our Ba, not the type of checks and balance relationship I would expect from a Ba/center manager.

There is mental war being played by ups, papers getting lost, and doing things that are not legal contractual. Most guys don't know, I try to educate them. Now I'm a huge target.

I'm working on something big now, we shall see how it all pans out.

Last edited:

Holydriver

Somebody's got to tape up the boxes to ship out in a warehouse somewhere for $10/hr.

Might as well be holy ex driver.
oh boy... im bringing in more each month now that im in school and working about 10 hours less each day.. plus im sent home on fridays an hour early but still get paid for the hour. and of course my boss, the one other person in my office, lets me do homework while at work if we are slow. so run your mouth becauase thats all you have. youve been used and abused by UPS management so much and their tactics have rubbed off on you. now you act just the same. i work my 8 hours, commute home, work out, shower and start cooking dinner each day BEFORE id even punch out from UPS. its nice. and im glad im not stuck hating life like you sad little man

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I've noticed that the newbies who are in their 20's quit or return to part time and the hungry newbies are in their 30's. The work ethic of the millennial generation is nonexistent, I know I may sound like a fossil but most of the new drivers trying to attain seniority are in their 30's and 40's.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
oh boy... im bringing in more each month now that im in school and working about 10 hours less each day.. plus im sent home on fridays an hour early but still get paid for the hour. and of course my boss, the one other person in my office, lets me do homework while at work if we are slow. so run your mouth becauase thats all you have. youve been used and abused by UPS management so much and their tactics have rubbed off on you. now you act just the same. i work my 8 hours, commute home, work out, shower and start cooking dinner each day BEFORE id even punch out from UPS. its nice. and im glad im not stuck hating life like you sad little man
Sure you are. Your posts make no sense in any logic.
You're bringing in more than before now that your in school? How much in student loans did that cost you? That's not "income" maroon.

I'm betting you didn't "quit" ups but probably got fired and it stuck. That would explain your huge resentment and chip on your shoulder towards ups and everything associated with it.

Oh and by the way, you couldn't afford my driveway.

Ups is a very small part of "all I have".

mrbrownstone

Obviously I am looking for feedback. Are drivers constantly under a massive amount of stress? If you could do it all over again would you?

I wouldn't do it again. Thank God I have a Bachelor's degree so I can quit driving eventually.

This company and job sucks. Well the job in theory isn't bad but UPS makes it bad. They think everyone only cares about a good wage so they can piss on you however they want.

I will be more than happy for the "door to hit me on the way out", then I can sue the pants off this :censored2: ass company.

Last edited:

underworked1

I don't care about their 10 point commentary.

It is stupid.

Cant name any of them.

They will not help you drive safer.

Just more MAKE WORK from some cubicle jockey in Atlanta.
If you really believe these methods don't make you drive any safer, you are a :censored2:ing maroon. These methods are proven to work for not just ups but other drivers. Just like the slips and falls and lifting and lowering. Those rules will keep you from being crippled after 25 years of service. If you want to be an idiot and get in accidents and have injuries go for it, but don't spew bull:censored2: on here that might influence others in your bad judgement.

underworked1

Hold on they make you drive a manual transmission?

I think that's actually a form of torture in some states.
Manual transmission does create a couple safety issues. Roll aways and not having both hands on the wheel. The ability to have two hands free allows you to use your horn in a dangerous situation while steering at the same time. If ups truly cared about safety vs profits we would all be in an automatic and you know it. But that costs money...so they will limp them old trucks to the grave to avoid the overhead on replacements.
EDIT: with that being said, we all had to do it and it's a good test in driver school because if you can't drive and be distracted by shouting out methods and shifting, then you can't drive and look at house numbers and be under commit time pressures.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've noticed that the newbies who are in their 20's quit or return to part time and the hungry newbies are in their 30's. The work ethic of the millennial generation is nonexistent, I know I may sound like a fossil but most of the new drivers trying to attain seniority are in their 30's and 40's.
The oldest of the "millennial" generation is in their mid 30's. I know it sounds like I'm nit picking but I hate getting grouped in with today's teenagers. It's a bogus generation category.

Savvy412

No.

Get another job.

Your looking at your situation and applying it to everyone else. I did 6-9 for 5-6 years. I was a freelance graphic designer so it worked. For others, maybe it doesnt.

THe one guy at my hub was trying to be a driver and had to "drop out" because his wife died and had 3 daughters.

He needed a job with more flexability...but to you.."he is a lazy millennial" right

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your looking at your situation and applying it to everyone else. I did 6-9 for 5-6 years. I was a freelance graphic designer so it worked. For others, maybe it doesnt.

THe one guy at my hub was trying to be a driver and had to "drop out" because his wife died and had 3 daughters.

He needed a job with more flexability...but to you.."he is a lazy millennial" right
No just a :censored2: millennial if he's that young with 3 kids and no life insurance on him or his wife.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The oldest of the "millennial" generation is in their mid 30's. I know it sounds like I'm nit picking but I hate getting grouped in with today's teenagers. It's a bogus generation category.
Yeah. I agree the group that's 28/29 to 35 is for the most part that's very different from the 16-26 year olds.