Considering not being a package delivery driver

Yeah. I agree the group that's 28/29 to 35 is for the most part that's very different from the 16-26 year olds.
Dont worry they won't group you together with them anymore...Daddy
kidsbackpackcarrier-thumb-240xauto-2395.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If you really believe these methods don't make you drive any safer, you are a :censored2:ing maroon. These methods are proven to work for not just ups but other drivers. Just like the slips and falls and lifting and lowering. Those rules will keep you from being crippled after 25 years of service. If you want to be an idiot and get in accidents and have injuries go for it, but don't spew bull:censored2: on here that might influence others in your bad judgement.
I don't believe them.

To me, you are the maroon.

Yet I approaching 30 years safe driving.

How can this be?

I was driving 20 years before the 10 point commentary garbage.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
"Life insurance" does not get the girls to and from day care/school.
It can if you use some of it and hire a nanny for help.

It's always a good idea to have life insurance to cover all your debts and give you 5 years salary. At least that's how it was told by a friend of mine who plans financial situations.

Re-Raise

Im speaking for others...

I worked my ass off for 6 years and now am a full time driver. But my situation allowed me to be able to pull it off
20k? try like 10k if they barley work you. Not easy to tell someone to live off that. I understand why people jump ship for a 40k-50k job. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Some have the luxury to wait..others have kids to feed (NOW)

you know what I mean?
I'm confused. Are you saying you are able to afford the size of your family or are you saying you aren't able to afford the size of your family.

billerz

IThe work ethic of the millennial generation is nonexistent, I know I may sound like a fossil but most of the new drivers trying to attain seniority are in their 30's and 40's.
I know plenty of people in their twenties that are very successful, some that I went to high school with, and others I've met at different jobs I've had. We work just as hard as your generation did, stop spewing out that Fox News bull.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I've been attending class most of this week and it has just been insane. I have been doing quite well being pretty much at the top of the class but everyday is like a torture session. Knowing the ten point commentary, the eight keys to lifting and lowering, the five keys to preventing slips and falls and the backing rules is not enough. We have to be able to rattle off any part of any one of them exactly word for word and if not we get grilled to the nth degree. Some guys in class get so nervous they turn red and start sweating. Then management starting talking about "stealing his time" if we can't run scratch and getting written up for a tier one after someone whacks the truck because it could of been avoided by parking in a different area while making a delivery.
You're being weeded out. Suck it up or fail. Pretty simple.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
What else are you gonna be doing in 8/9 years that will make you wish you weren't a top rate driver?

I've seen it too many times. The guy making 20k jumps ship for a job making 25k. Then 10 years down the road that 20k could of turned into 100k job. Instead they've jumped from job to job for just a little more and are at 50k

Like Upstate, I wouldn't do it again if I had the choice. I was going to college in the 80's, and got a preload job for some extra money. I thought I knew it all. I always butted heads with my old man, who wanted me to get a college degree. When I found out how much drivers made--$14 an hour!!--I started getting lazy in school. My discipline was bad, so I maybe did another semester of school, then dropped out and waited for my time to go driving. The thing is, I was always smart, got good grades when I put my mind to it. But I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in. So UPS it ended up being.

Looking back, I'm not sure if I made the right choice. But that's life, right? I hated package car, but feeders is like getting the answer key to the test. It's a completely different job back here. Stress is gone in feeders. And back here I make over $120K a year. But I always wondered about writing for a living, or like Upstate, getting into business. But for me too, it's too late for that kind of change. Who knows? Things worked out good, but you always wonder, what if?

If I were to do it now, knowing what I know now, I'd definitely stay in school and find something that had a strong future. I wouldn't want a business degree. You don't need that to make it in business. I'd probably figure out how to write computer code. But our job is slowly eroding away. The pension, the hours--hell, the industry. But if anyone were asking my advice, I'd ask them what kind of skills their education would dovetail into. If it were promising, I'd tell them to use this job to get the other one going, then leave and never look back.

There was just as many lazy kids back in the day as there are now. The internet amplifies everything. YouTube comments and forums like this prove it. Time and age is the equalizer.
There will always be lazy people. I'm not one of them. I never asked for a freebie,just a chance to work. I always made my own way through life.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Like Upstate, I wouldn't do it again if I had the choice. I was going to college in the 80's, and got a preload job for some extra money. I thought I knew it all. I always butted heads with my old man, who wanted me to get a college degree. When I found out how much drivers made--$14 an hour!!--I started getting lazy in school. My discipline was bad, so I maybe did another semester of school, then dropped out and waited for my time to go driving. The thing is, I was always smart, got good grades when I put my mind to it. But I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in. So UPS it ended up being.

Looking back, I'm not sure if I made the right choice. But that's life, right? I hated package car, but feeders is like getting the answer key to the test. It's a completely different job back here. Stress is gone in feeders. And back here I make over $120K a year. But I always wondered about writing for a living, or like Upstate, getting into business. But for me too, it's too late for that kind of change. Who knows? Things worked out good, but you always wonder, what if?

If I were to do it now, knowing what I know now, I'd definitely stay in school and find something that had a strong future. I wouldn't want a business degree. You don't need that to make it in business. I'd probably figure out how to write computer code. But our job is slowly eroding away. The pension, the hours--hell, the industry. But if anyone were asking my advice, I'd ask them what kind of skills their education would dovetail into. If it were promising, I'd tell them to use this job to get the other one going, then leave and never look back.
I wouldn't pick ups if I were doing it over either.

I'd be a heavy machinery operator.