Contract Boogieman

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
I told you other ares use TCD and it’s different language thanks for proving my point. Good day

Proved your point? Your funny.

The south and the swpr are almost the same except for what we call them.

I do like how you will get full time pension credit in the swpr now. Congrats that is nice.

LagunaBrown

Proved your point? Your funny.

The south and the swpr are almost the same except for what we call them.

I do like how you will get full time pension credit in the swpr now. Congrats that is nice.
Do you think your TCDs will want to go into 22.4 to get the full time pension?

View attachment 208937
Are you really trying to tell me what we call them. I already told you other areas use the term TCD and use other language. Tell me what does the heading on section 38 SWPR read? Please know the differences and don’t confuse the members.

Oh, I know what it reads, all I pointed out was that it is a direct quote that was posted. Whatever name you want to put on it, it was designed to be used as a temporary stop-gap to allow for extra coverage and increase vacation allowances. We have let it get out of control because we all thought, "hey, that kid is making extra money and we have a couple of extra drivers..." I'm not mad about it, it's just one of those things that actually is our fault for letting it happen.

Why you so mad bro?

LagunaBrown

2A59926F-FD1C-49C1-AC84-859B18867CE0.jpeg

Oh, I know what it reads, all I pointed out was that it is a direct quote that was posted. Whatever name you want to put on it, it was designed to be used as a temporary stop-gap to allow for extra coverage and increase vacation allowances. We have let it get out of control because we all thought, "hey, that kid is making extra money and we have a couple of extra drivers..." I'm not mad about it, it's just one of those things that actually is our fault for letting it happen.

Why you so mad bro?
With a backpedal that good how can I be mad at you?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
First off we don’t have TCD we have Cover drivers. The language has not been removed and we don’t want to go away because there are benefits to help the drivers jump progression pay as well as ratios to hire RPCD’s drivers. Here cover drivers will be absorbed into the 22.4 position at a red circled rate and get full time pension and that is why 22.4 works.

Now like always I have complete confidence and knowledge of my contracts and openly told you all about my supplements and riders yet you hide yours. Grow a pair and just be honest about supplements and riders. I know your hiding something them because you scared to debate on a level playing ground. Stop being so damn spineless
I'm not going to have that conversation with you, because again, I don't subscribe to the notion that "autonomy" should provide for any region or local to negotiate language that isn't necessary due to topography, geography, climate, demographics, or specific economic variables.

This notion that an issue like staffing (with temporary cover drivers, seasonal drivers, vacation replacement drivers, and now 22.4 hybrid drivers rather than with traditional package car drivers) carries with it nothing unique as to require regional or local autonomy.

These supplements, in there present form, would be more aptly termed "side deals", because at the end of the day they create an uneven playing field when it comes to voting for a supposed "National Master".

LagunaBrown

I'm not going to have that conversation with you, because again, I don't subscribe to the notion that "autonomy" should provide for any region or local to negotiate language that isn't necessary due to topography, geography, climate, demographics, or specific economic variables.

This notion that an issue like staffing (with temporary cover drivers, seasonal drivers, vacation replacement drivers, and now 22.4 hybrid drivers rather than with traditional package car drivers) carries with it nothing unique as to require regional or local autonomy.

These supplements, in there present form, would be more aptly termed "side deals", because at the end of the day they create an uneven playing field when it comes to voting for a supposed "National Master".
You forgot to add single day vacation cover drivers. How long have you been living with a two tier driver in your supplements?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Do you think your TCDs will want to go into 22.4 to get the full time pension?

They get that anyway when they go full time package.

Do you really expect UPS to create enough 22.4 jobs that it will make the wait from PT to FT that much quicker?

If the wait right now is 5 years what do you expect it to drop to with 22.4?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Do you really expect UPS to create enough 22.4 jobs that it will make the wait from PT to FT that much quicker?

Not a chance, as no new package car driving jobs will be created, while the business grows.

The only way a 22.4 driver will become a package car driver is when someone retires or bids into feeders or a 22.3 job.

It's a bad deal, I'm VOTING NO.

LagunaBrown

Like I explained before they will hire as many 22.4’s as you have Saturday routes so it depends on how much they open it back up and when. Our cover drivers get a bump in pay and pension so they will fill the 22.4 positions. How about your TCD’s?

It’s a good deal here so I am VOTING YES