Contract Boogieman

Box Ox

You know you get to read the contract before you vote on it right? You obviously have not read anything yet.

Don’t try to piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. I’ve read it. Lots of people have. And nobody without a personal interest in the decline of the Union and Union hourly pay, or an imminent retirement say it’s a good Contract for Union employees. The Company and Wall Street agree.

LagunaBrown

The existence of a 70 hour DOT limit doesn’t mean the Union can’t propose Contract terms that prohibit UPSers working up to 70 hours during all or any time of the year. That’s why it’s specifically only allowed during peak season or emergency situations in the proposed Contract.

Which of the other 8 outstanding points might be addressed in riders or supplements?
22.4 are real full time jobs and make full time pension. Here if you work 2080 hours thats $129,000 to their pension over the life of the contract
Read the contract kid and get back to me.

LagunaBrown

The existence of a 70 hour DOT limit doesn’t mean the Union can’t propose Contract terms that prohibit UPSers working up to 70 hours during all or any time of the year. That’s why it’s specifically only allowed during peak season or emergency situations in the proposed Contract.

Which of the other 8 outstanding points might be addressed in riders or supplements?
some people want the extra hours and I already told you about what the new language is.

Box Ox

I have given you facts and numbers. What have you given but a bunch of lip service to vote no

All you’ve done is try to put a positive spin on 1 of these points. The 70 hour peak work week. That’s it. You haven’t scratched the surface of issuing a sufficient rebuttal.

qzkklc.jpg

LagunaBrown

All you’ve done is try to put a positive spin on 1 of these points. The 70 hour peak work week. That’s it. You haven’t scratched the surface of issuing a sufficient rebuttal.

qzkklc.jpg
22.4 are real full time jobs and make full time pension. Here if you work 2080 hours that's $129,000 to their pension over the life of the contract.

LagunaBrown

Without a doubt . Now how does someone with less seniority get to work over you on a Monday if no work is available???
No Full Time driver can be laid off if a 22.4 is working. what are you talking about? Wait a minute that would be their sixth day punch..... No way that is happening. Dude your talking nonsense!

Box Ox

No Full Time driver can be laid off if a 22.4 is working. what are you talking about? Wait a minute that would be their sixth day punch..... No way that is happening. Dude your talking nonsense!

22.4s don’t have to be working on Mondays for there to be ”No work available” for a number of RPCDs on Monday due to 22.4s being worked up to their hour limits every weekend.

LagunaBrown

If they would release it. But they don’t. So don’t blame us. Blame them.
Good answer, I know they have not released them. Just proved my point these guys are urging people to vote no and they don't know jack because they have not even read the contract! Thank you for your honesty! Go to your local and review it with them. They are the credible source beacuse their jobs are on the line. Not like theses yahoo's that post nonsense online.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

22.4s don’t have to be working on Mondays for there to be ”No work available” for a number of RPCDs on Monday due to 22.4s being worked up to their hour limits every weekend.
We have daily 8 hour guarantees and 40 hour work weeks M-friend for full timers. That can not happen in our region. So like I said read your contract and it depends on the regions.