Contract Boogieman

LagunaBrown

boogie.jpg

LAST CONTRACT

Remember when they said our carve out could not be done.
Remember when they said we would be in Teamcare.
Remember when they said we would pay for healthcare.
Remember when they said we would make less in our pension.

READ YOUR AREA SUPPLEMENTS AND RIDERS YOURSELF AND DON'T BELIEVE THE SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE.
LOCAL UNIONS ARE HAVING MEETINGS ON THE NEW LANGUAGE.

Last edited:

Box Ox

READ YOUR AREA SUPPLEMENTS AND RIDERS YOURSELF AND DON'T BELIEVE THE SOCIAL MEDIA HYPE.

Yeah, those are totally gonna save everybody from a precedent-setting, weak-ass, Union sellout National Contract.

So vote yes, right?

LagunaBrown

Yeah, those are totally gonna save everybody from a precedent-setting, weak-ass, Union sellout National Contract.

So vote yes, right?
Depends on your region but your obviously voting NO... Have you even read the National, supplements and riders? I bet you have not like 90% of the vote no movement.

Box Ox

Depends on your region but your obviously voting NO... Have you even read the National, supplements and riders? I bet you have not.

Which of the following problems with the National Contract do you believe have a realistic chance of being remedied by locally-negotiated supplements and riders?

And why is the National negotiating team passing the buck to supplements and riders to try and make up up the difference for a proposed National Contract that’s complete :censored2:? There were small issues with the 2013 Contract that supplements and riders addressed, but the National Contract wasn’t a complete sellout mess like it is in 2018.

This shouldn’t be happening in a strong economy while the Company is doing extremely well.

qzkklc.jpg

Tony Q

View attachment 204521

LAST CONTRACT

Remember when they said our carve out could not be done.
Remember when they said we would be in Teamcare.
Remember when they said we would pay for healthcare.
Remember when they said we would make less in our pension.

Exactly, Vote No, holdout, and ask for more. They gave you upgraded Teamcare and that great carve out. All the more reason to vote NO.

LagunaBrown

Which of the following problems with the National Contract do you believe have a realistic chance of being remedied by locally-negotiated supplements and riders?

And why is the National negotiating team passing the buck to supplements and riders to try and make up up the difference for a proposed National Contract that’s complete :censored2:? There were small issues with the 2013 Contract that supplements and riders addressed, but the National Contract wasn’t a complete sellout mess like it is in 2018.

This shouldn’t be happening in a strong economy while the Company is doing extremely well.

qzkklc.jpg

So you have not read it yourself..... How are you a credible source? You copy and paste info from a politically motivated site and think its all true? You be a sheep but I will read the contract myself.

Box Ox

So you have not read it yourself..... How are you a credible source? You copy and paste info from a politically motivated site and think its all true? You be a sheep but I will read the contract myself.

I’m actually a voracious Contract reader.

That irrelevant issue aside....which one of the points in the document I posted are not true?

Tony Q

Oh another person who has not even read the contracts yet but is telling people to vote no. Laughable.
Actually I negotiated it. I think its a good deal, but these members need to feel the wrath of a strike. I think they need to change the business model forever. I am interested in seeing this current generation walking a picket line. You understand that a picket line cant be walked on Facebook?

Tony Q

These members need a strike to show them the repercussions. It's that easy. Whoever gets caught in the cross fire is unfortunately collateral damage.

LagunaBrown

I’m actually a voracious Contract reader.

That irrelevant issue aside....which one of the points in the document I posted are not true?
The 70 hour is a D.O.T. rule and can not be changed. With the new language it can only be imposed during peak and acts of got if approved by UPS Labor and the Teamsters. It is offered as extra work to senior employees then forces seasonal drivers and low seniority after. The contract has double time pay if you work over 60 hours and if you have less than 8 hours available they can not force you in. Funny how they left all that stuff out on a politically motivated website huh.... If your read it you would know that right?

Box Ox

These members need a strike to show them the repercussions. It's that easy. Whoever gets caught in the cross fire is unfortunately collateral damage.

We need our national leaders to do one of two things: Either lead a national strike with strength, or be frank with membership as to why they can’t.

LagunaBrown

We need our national leaders to do one of two things: Either lead a national strike with strength, or be frank with membership as to why they can’t.
You know you get to read the contract before you vote on it right? You obviously have not read anything yet.

Box Ox

The 70 hour is a D.O.T. rule and can not be changed. It can only be imposed during peak and acts of got if approved by UPS Labor and the Teamsters. It is offered as extra work to senior employees then forces seasonal drivers and low seniority after. The contract has double time pay if you work over 60 hours and if you have less than 8 hours available they can not force you in. Funny how they left all that stuff out on a politically motivated website huh....

The existence of a 70 hour DOT limit doesn’t mean the Union can’t propose Contract terms that prohibit UPSers working up to 70 hours during all or any time of the year. That’s why it’s specifically only allowed during peak season or emergency situations in the proposed Contract.

Which of the other 8 outstanding points might be addressed in riders or supplements?