Contract leader O'brien

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt they have urinal deodorant blocks in their urinals. That would be something one could bring up at proposal meetings. I remember being at one once where a member asked about getting showers installed at all ups bathrooms. Hey you have to start somewhere I guess. To be honest I think it would be a good idea to have deodorant blocks in all ups urinals.

When they were designing our new building there was a proposal to install showers in the men's locker room. It was scrapped when it was discovered that they did the same in our Glens Falls facility and they are rarely if ever used.

LeadBelly

Banned
When they were designing our new building there was a proposal to install showers in the men's locker room. It was scrapped when it was discovered that they did the same in our Glens Falls facility and they are rarely if ever used.
Yea it wouldn't be a big selling point with me due to not wanting to shower with a bunch of dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with anyone who does that or wants to do that. It's just not for me.

10 Pt

Our negotiations have got to be solid without playing games (offering the C6 healthcare plan the first time when they knew they were going to enhance it) with the members.

Do you understand why many people start the vote no mantra prior to the first vote? They don't trust the current leadership and imo they've earned the reputation in certain ways.
Did you see how much air volume diverted when the IPA posted the full page ad in the Wall Street Journal about their strike vote?
Plenty.

So I'm just saying that these negotiations have got to be solid and seriously honest so that members feel good about their CBA issues or the strike vote, necessary as it may be, may have detrimental effects on future (and existing) jobs.

It's on us to make sure everyone understands that there's a lot at stake.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So I'm just saying that these negotiations have got to be solid and seriously honest so that members feel good about their CBA issues or the strike vote, necessary as it may be, may have detrimental effects on future (and existing) jobs.

It's going to be hard, to coalesce the members....

When FZ is already calling for a "vote no" campaign again.

And, @anHOURover is stating (the few) are working already.

They aren't Teamsters.

"It's all about me"

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Our negotiations have got to be solid without playing games (offering the C6 healthcare plan the first time when they knew they were going to enhance it) with the members.

Do you understand why many people start the vote no mantra prior to the first vote? They don't trust the current leadership and imo they've earned the reputation in certain ways.
Did you see how much air volume diverted when the IPA posted the full page ad in the Wall Street Journal about their strike vote?
Plenty.

I think that it starts with us all being on the same page. And at this point I don't feel like we are. People are still infighting like an election is going on.

10 Pt

They aren't Teamsters.

"It's all about me"

-Bug-
Everyone has an opinion and it normally pertains to their specific issues locally, etc.
The stewards are forefront in supporting a contract for the good of the union and their coworkers.
That being said, everyone has a responsibility to row in the same direction. I got the faction issue with the Election and unfortunately it's very close to a new CBA but if, with a new package director, we can get this dialog opened up across the board we'll see positive change that can perpetuate better things for everyone long term.
I think that it starts with us all being on the same page. And at this point I don't feel like we are. People are still infighting like an election is going on.
If we were making $16-20 per hr I can understand the mentality.
We've GOT to appreciate what we have today and if the part timers vote in mass they'll see their issues improve as well.
Common sense has to prevail sometime. Hopefully.

wide load

Everyone has an opinion and it normally pertains to their specific issues locally, etc.
The stewards are forefront in supporting a contract for the good of the union and their coworkers.
That being said, everyone has a responsibility to row in the same direction. I got the faction issue with the Election and unfortunately it's very close to a new CBA but if, with a new package director, we can get this dialog opened up across the board we'll see positive change that can perpetuate better things for everyone long term.

If we were making $16-20 per hr I can understand the mentality.
We've GOT to appreciate what we have today and if the part timers vote in mass they'll see their issues improve as well.
Common sense has to prevail sometime. Hopefully.
Dead on brother! Astute! Funny how direct dialogue through a few PM's can get people on the same page with understanding their similarities. ;)

anHOURover

Last contract we had the union and company team up against the members.
Ups had union officers appear at pcms to push the contract and recommend a yes vote.
2 of the "strongest" roosters from New England were in my area lying to members
The Boston bully and ugly sweater Murph
Lied to us. We already have boots on the ground and are all ready for the same as they pulled before. These are all FACTS
This is why my whole local won't trust the liars in office. They have lied lied lied.
FACT

wide load

Last contract we had the union and company team up against the members.
Ups had union officers appear at pcms to push the contract and recommend a yes vote.
2 of the "strongest" roosters from New England were in my area lying to members
The Boston bully and ugly sweater Murph
Lied to us. We already have boots on the ground and are all ready for the same as they pulled before. These are all FACTS
This is why my whole local won't trust the liars in office. They have lied lied lied.
FACT
I would like to thank you for exactly proving my point. Btw, I thought you said you started the vote no movement?

anHOURover

They aren't Teamsters.

"It's all about me"

-Bug-
Hey slug
Your boys the Boston bully and ugly sweater murph showed up at pcms in my area and lied to us.
The trust is broken
They will not catch us off guard again
It's one thing to have ups lying to you
It's a travesty to have your union lie
Boots on the ground in philly
VOTE NO PHILLY.
FACT
Want me to post the video of ugly sweater Murph????

wide load

Hey slug
Your boys the Boston bully and ugly sweater murph showed up at pcms in my area and lied to us.
The trust is broken
They will not catch us off guard again
It's one thing to have ups lying to you
It's a travesty to have your union lie
Boots on the ground in philly
VOTE NO PHILLY.
FACT
I can't believe your a real human being.

anHOURover

#1 I'm not on Facebook.
#2 I'm not on Teamcare.
#3 You still have only complained without offering any proposals.
If u say so brother

Attachments

• IMG_2346.PNG
    IMG_2346.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 187