Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Starting pay at FedEx is 16.60 vs ups 29.58 in my area
Contract proposal:
PT TCD 85% of top rate requires at least a year of PT seniority. Let them get their hands a little dirty first.
It's not happening here, but apparently they're using the TCD rate to attract outside hires.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What is TCD? And they're not hiring outsiders here.
Starting pay for a driver is $18.75. If they told you that you'll make $29+, they're hiring you as a part time temporary cover driver. It's a position meant for part time inside employees to cover vacations, holidays, and option days of FT employees. No guarantee of work or hours.

UPS abuses the position to avoid hiring FT employees. Which is where you come in.

JBONED

Starting pay for a driver is $18.75. If they told you that you'll make $29+, they're hiring you as a part time temporary cover driver. It's a position meant for part time inside employees to cover vacations, holidays, and option days of FT employees. No guarantee of work or hours.

UPS abuses the position to avoid hiring FT employees. Which is where you come in.
It's not hearsay I have seen stubs

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's not hearsay I have seen stubs
No :censored2: sherlock, I made TCD wage myself after working two years loading trailers. Doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't be a full time employee.

It's a part time position with no guarantee of work. And don't think of getting clever and collecting unemployment, you have the wonderful opportunity to work in the hub loading trailers at $10 an hour if there's no driving work available.

Box Ox

Only because there's a back up the Septic tank you label "Partners Forum" due to all the dead threads floating around.

2f7661acdc2f16c207cda9848cad7120ec80b177398d3701a777cae6953d5a99.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I always thought paid breaks were the norm. Not for drivers.
Ah, now that I think of it, PT inside employees get 10 minutes paid break here. I worked a couple 9-10 hour weekend sorts with only a 10 minute break a few years ago.

Still, I hear about drivers getting paid breaks in some regions. Package drivers need better language about breaks. The way I see it, unless it's a paid break, the idiots will keep skipping it to make service.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ah, now that I think of it, PT inside employees get 10 minutes paid break here. I worked a couple 9-10 hour weekend sorts with only a 10 minute break a few years ago.

Still, I hear about drivers getting paid breaks in some regions. Package drivers need better language about breaks. The way I see it, unless it's a paid break, the idiots will keep skipping it to make service.
We get a ten minute paid break here.

Status
Not open for further replies.