Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

upschuck

People who start probation before a free period, they are exempt from the free period, so ups doesn't prolong their probation time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
20 out of 1,800 UPSer's saw fit to attend a contract proposal meeting in my Local yesterday.

The Local posted it.... right ?

That could mean that there is a lot of apathy, or they are happy with the current contract as it stands.

Maybe.

I'll go with apathy, with a side of self centered Me-sterness.

Being such an advocate of social media, how does this happen ?

Keyboard comandos refuse to participate ?

contract_unity.jpg

The back is reserved for member comments.

More political grandstanding by TDU.

Nice cards.

They couldn't have been cheap to print.

Where is the Union bug.... from a Union printing shop ??

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I would hope so?

I give them more chance of consideration than those collect yesterday at the Union hall yesterday.

Because after all, submissions from 20 should always be trumped by those of nearly 600?

Perhaps the IBT could learn something here?
I assure you that the director is going to take every step to listen to the membership. And he will not be handcuffed by politics.

wide load

Maybe.

More political grandstanding by TDU.

Nice cards.

-Bug-
My feeling is these have less to do with a contract pledge and more to do with creating a database of contacts for TDU. Just a feeling.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My feeling is these have less to do with a contract pledge and more to do with creating a database of contacts. Just a feeling.
My feeling is that they are dual in purposes.....and even if you're right, they at least served to engage almost 600 UPSer's in my Local to start thinking about our next contract, that is a year out.

It's a modern progressive thing to do.

Pretty sure they don't hold exclusive rights to that practice?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Screenshot_20170724-124838_zpsh9r3pznc.png

I have looked every day for the last two years,....and this is all I ever get?

"Funny" part is that we have been paying full price to the server the whole time.

I already told you, almost 600 participated in the TU initiative, while only 20 came to the Hall.

I'll give the nod to the "Keyboard Commandos".

More political grandstanding by TDU TU.
Nice cards.
Perhaps?
I could have printed them with my Teamster owned laser printer fairly inexpensively here locally.
That was copy and pasted from the TU website.

UPS Contract Unity Pledge Drive

Not sure whether the actual cards were printed in a union print shop, or by Teamster members?

I know I print all of my own literature.

Yep.
Please include all your personal information.
"Others" will decide your fate.

Nope, they were free to volunteer as much, or as little, personal information as they pleased.

~Bbbl~™

wide load

My feeling is that they are dual in purposes.....and even if you're right, they at least served to engage almost 600 UPSer's in my Local to start thinking about our next contract, that is a year out.

It's a modern progressive thing to do.

Pretty sure they don't hold exclusive rights to that practice?
I just hope that the intent is truly for the betterment of our contract and the membership.

anHOURover

I assure you that the director is going to take every step to listen to the membership. And he will not be handcuffed by politics.
why did he let politics get in the way last time? why did he fail in doing his job last time? I'm speaking of theeee boston bully

A

Article 3

The Local was not asked for... just your personal info. Strange.
Disclaimer says "not affiliated with the IBT" in tiny print. That's a great start for United Teamsters.
Please tell me, without a rerun Election why are other local leaders involved with orchestration of this card event and the collection thereof from other states who have riders?
Can't we submit our own ideas to leadership in our state even if the local leadership isn't and hasn't been honest with us last time?
I don't get why TU is doing this unless it's to separate their involvement from the ibt...I understand what they're doing I just think it's stepping on toes. Or trying to beat someone to the punch?
Unless there's a rerun of the election on the horizon.
IMG_20170725_220402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.