Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
In reading a thread and post by @BUCN85

Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

"$5 a day for cell phone use.".... kind of stood out.

Although I am a staunch advocate of using the DIAD for communication,

this could benefit members who don't (can't) write this off on their taxes.

Any thoughts ?

-Bug-
My question would be, durability? How long would a cellphone last working it 12 hours a day? I just purchased the iPhone 7. It's about $800. My plan is about $100 a month for unlimited everything (AT&T union shop). My last phone lasted 2 years. Being generous to UPS, I'm guessing that under delivery conditions a cell phone would last a year, maybe. So $2000 a year minus all the possible days I could collect $5 is $1300. I get 6 weeks vacation but I didn't take that into account. Unless they just mean at peak.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The Local was not asked for... just your personal info. Strange.
Disclaimer says "not affiliated with the IBT" in tiny print. That's a great start for United Teamsters.
Please tell me, without a rerun Election why are other local leaders involved with orchestration of this card event and the collection thereof from other states who have riders?
Can't we submit our own ideas to leadership in our state even if the local leadership isn't and hasn't been honest with us last time?
I don't get why TU is doing this unless it's to separate their involvement from the ibt...I understand what they're doing I just think it's stepping on toes. Or trying to beat someone to the punch?
Unless there's a rerun of the election on the horizon.View attachment 147090
This is an effort to collect campaign information to use in 5 years. Anyone that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Any thoughts ?

-Bug-
Would this somehow give UPS the ability to claim they pay for the 'right' to require our cooperation, GPS usage, access to our phone records while on the clock, or afford them an expanded avenue to discipline for perceived shortcomings or malfeasance?

That's a very slippery slope.
My phone is mine and I like it that way.

I vote no on that one.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Any thoughts ?

-Bug-

My phone is mine and I like it that way.

I vote no on that one.

So, it's a personal choice.

Veterans can run a route off a map, or knowledge.

Newbies need their phone.

Got it.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So, it's a personal choice.

Veterans can run a route off a map, or knowledge.

Newbies need their phone.

Got it.

-Bug-
....we all can run off a map, not just veterans ???
Newbies think they need their phone, but they don't....not for work anyway.

Since the implementation of Saturday delivery, I find myself using a map every Monday....

....and I'm finding it to be very lucrative.

My points were nothing like you're painting it?

No worries, good try.
You just didn't think it all the way through.
Shake it off.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Calm down.... Taylor.

Seriously ?

-Bug-
I'm dead serious.

Look I initially "liked" your proposal....

.....until I thought about what UPS would absolutely try and realize in their new 'investment' in my cellphone.

If they need me to carry an additional device, they can pay for the whole nut,....

.....but need not have any claim on my cell phone.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

coolslice

We don't have a union, and the contract is practically worthless. Our union president has taken our dues and had a big party at the union hall, complete with hiring his entire family and the woman he is banging on the side.

Perhaps there are places in the country that actually have representation, but from what I've seen at our building and heard from others I know out of state, it's the same anywhere you go.

The company is on a mission right now, and the union could care less. All it wants is its dues. UPS knows it can do whatever it wants, and they show that on a daily basis.

I'm telling you right now that UPS is coming after your pension sooner or later. Anyone in management hired after 2006 just lost their pension. Before long, UPS will be operating like FedEx ground.

If you ask me what I want in the new contract, I want it to be made from toilet paper so I can wipe my ass with it.

Inthegame

We don't have a union, and the contract is practically worthless. Our union president has taken our dues and had a big party at the union hall, complete with hiring his entire family and the woman he is banging on the side.
I thought it was in the middle... when did they move it?

campti

All full time hourly employees with 30 years or more of service will be offered 1 year of pay to retire. 1 year of pay to be determined by averaging annual pay of last 6 years.

What is your proposal?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
All full time hourly employees with 30 years or more of service will be offered 1 year of pay to retire. 1 year of pay to be determined by averaging annual pay of last 6 years.

What is your proposal?
I propose you do a search, then start a thread. Maybe try your luck with a Saturday ground thread, a footwear thread, or an Amazon drone thread. We could always use another one of those. Or try socks too!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You off today?

IMG_1525.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.