Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's pretty clear considering the smoke.
And Govt Mule
IMG_2033.JPG

Sorry, but imo this shouldn't even be considered contract negotiation issues....this should be done because it needs to be done.... we shouldn't have to bargain and trade ANYTHING for the "right" to have proper venting inside a dark colored vehicle that can reach 120 degrees inside the cargo area....
Well said and although I do agree, when have you ever known management to have a soft spot for drivers and even consider making our job any less miserable than it already is without having to negotiate our rights/benefits/priveledges. Only time suits wanna hear anything is when contracts are up. Other than that would just be daily grunting rhetoric from exhausted drivers. The only other way is maybe drivers keep falling out due to heat stroke/exhaustion every Summer no matter how much water we drink. Rooks are gonna either try to impress or too scared to lose job for runnin 2 hrs over. Already had at least 12 drop in mid route in 2 months. 136degrees i registered.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
November 1999.
Preparation for going public and caring about employees started before the strike was over.
UPS Board and Management Committee had balked at going public because they knew it would change the company.
The '97 strike changed that and the belief that the drivers had chosen the Teamsters over the parental relationship with UPS, relieved anyone of any guilt and loyalty to drivers.
They 'screwed' UPS and in the process screwed themselves.
This chapter has not played itself out yet.
My being in Corporate at this time enabled me to see the end results for myself and other non-Union employees and the final end result for drivers is yet to come.
All about money now ... there is no UPS family.
It died on the picket lines of 1997.
Lmfao! Yeah, parental relationship. "Sit down, shut up and do what you're told!"
Some parents are abusive, and still are.

anHOURover

Lmfao! Yeah, parental relationship. "Sit down, shut up and do what you're told!"
Some parents are abusive, and still are.
maybe ron's daughter can help the boston bully out in negotiations
my best contract in my career came thanks to the god mr ron
I'm planning to visit his burial site just to let him know how far down the teamsters have fallen since his death
the famous last name has been a mistake
everyone agrees on that
fact

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
maybe ron's daughter can help the boston bully out in negotiations

When was she ever a Teamster ?

my best contract in my career came thanks to the god mr ron

RC....

Never even reached "demigod" level. (in reality)

Thanks for playing, try again.

Maybe for once;

@anHOURover could offer a positive, constructive contract proposal.

Even brain-warped TDU people.... can find a nut.... sometimes.

-Bug-

anHOURover

When was she ever a Teamster ?

RC....

Never even reached "demigod" level. (in reality)

Thanks for playing, try again.

Maybe for once;

@anHOURover could offer a positive, constructive contract proposal.

Even brain-warped TDU people.... can find a nut.... sometimes.

-Bug-
bug this post is pointless
last contract we gave you all ideas and you imposed a contract
FACT
its a no vote at vote no headquarters
FACT

Siekin67

1) Benefits kick in at your 90 day mark instead of the January after your year. Should they maintain the wait needs to be a year, then it needs to be a year to the day not this after January bull:censored2:.
2) Increase in pay for both PT and FT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The contract is worthless without individuals to enforce it and/or file grievances. Company intimidation on drivers is at an all time high in our building. For example, Management - "You put in for a 9.5 and I will use telematics to fire you within a week." Over 90-95% of the drivers will not file grievances on existing contract language. Part-timers could care less and often want out before their 3.5.. How many drivers and part-timers ask for help for over 70's?

The Excel UPS/IBT spreadsheet is already in place and has been decided. The only thing left is to move the number$ from one column to another.....

How about regaining some of the losses we have had in past contracts such as:

1) Full time driver progression rates back to 1 year instead of 4.

2) Part-time benefits after 6 months instead of 12 and 18 months (family)

3) Part-time wages back to pre-1985 rates which kept pace with full-time drivers (red circled individuals).

4) Contract lengths back to 3 years instead of 5.

5) Guaranteeing ALL (Past and Present) Central States Pension or UPS/IBT UPSers will receive their FULL pension for the entire life! NO hedge words...no selling out...no nothing. For Example...current UPS/IBT CS pension language:

"The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS

Plan for determining eligibility for the benefits in this section

and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued

from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If

the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or

required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be

included in this offset"

This is basically BS language for CS full-timers (as well as other UPS Pension Funds in financial trouble)!!! It basically states that if CS goes "belly-up" or partially "belly-up".....(as allowed to or required to by law....which it most certainly will)....UPS does not have to "offset" or make-up the difference. This is the most egregious and misleading language we have for full-time UPSers.... Most of the full-timers I talk with firmly believe that UPS will "make up the difference" if their CS portion of the pension is reduced or eliminated. Basically....the more time you have as a driver in the CS plan....the more "screwed" you will be. Regardless....any pension under UPS can no longer be trusted... Just look what they did not their own supervisors recently...
UPS to Freeze Pensions for 70,000 Workers to Reduce Costs

You mentioned the elimination of 17-I above. Excellent idea.....one of the worst pieces of language anyone could ever allow in a contract.

The contract definitely needs strong language on company intimidation. Without it.....it does not matter what other language is written in the contract that appears to benefit the workers. It's getting to the point that we really need to organize a "Call in your Over 70's Day"!!! Perfectly legal and within our contractual rights.... It's a perfect way to express unity and solidarity without jeapordizing Union jobs.
In summary....the best contract in the world is useless if people are too afraid or unwilling to enforce it because of what the company may do to them. There is only a small percentage of UPSers willing to risk standing up to the company. Most are here at Brown Cafe.

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts.

Your post, is the kind I was hoping this thread would generate.

The contract is worthless without individuals to enforce it and/or file grievances.

That point is almost worthy of an entire thread. (of it's own)

Company intimidation on drivers is at an all time high in our building. For example, Management - "You put in for a 9.5 and I will use telematics to fire you within a week."

Wow.

The response to that should be "get me a Steward".

Force them to repeat it, and file a grievance.

The first reason being;

Telematics would have to prove you were being dishonest. Period.

Second, that's an outright threat.

Management people in my area, aren't dumb enough to say something like that.

Statements like that.... are career ending moves.

-Bug-

rudy5150

CONTRACT PROPOSAL

All part timers vacation checks are for 25 hours!

Part timers vacation checks are ridiculous. 20 hours! Most part timers work 25hrs or more a week but vacation checks are for 20 hrs. Part timers dont make sh$t anyways and when on vacation they have to try to survive on even less. Drivers get paid for 45hrs when on vacation.

Hadjabear

CONTRACT PROPOSAL

All part timers vacation checks are for 25 hours!

Part timers vacation checks are ridiculous. 20 hours! Most part timers work 25hrs or more a week but vacation checks are for 20 hrs. Part timers dont make sh$t anyways and when on vacation they have to try to survive on even less. Drivers get paid for 45hrs when on vacation.
And most drivers work 50+ hours a week. Part time get paid 2.5hrs over guaranteed hours, full time is doubled at 5hrs over guarantee. I suggest vacation be paid based on average hours worked past few weeks besides hours from peak.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
PROPOSAL

PT shifters get paid the "skilled" rate, not +25 cents. Shifting obviously requires more "skill" than sorting, no?

What'dyabringmetoday???

1. Subcontractors need to be curtailed.

2. Supervisors performing bargaining unit work must stop.

3. Part- time employees performing full-time work must be addressed.

4. No employees allowed in building until five minutes prior to start time.

5. Vacation pay should be looked at (yes it is supplemental). Perhaps average the hours for the entire year.

6. Considering the state of some pensions and people having to stay longer, perhaps more vacation time. (Again- I am aware this is supplemental).

These are a few .... off the top of my head. I hope this qualifies as a post you are looking for.

-What

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
4. No employees allowed in building until five minutes prior to start time.

I don't see this working too well. Employees just need to know to be firm about not working prior to being clocked in. Case in point, tenders can need up to 15 minutes prior to building start to obtain wax, wax chutes, and obtain supplies prior to building start. As long as they're on the clock for those 15 minutes, fair game.

Besides that, I don't want to wait outside for 15 minutes if I arrive early.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't see this working too well. Employees just need to know to be firm about not working prior to being clocked in. Case in point, tenders can need up to 15 minutes prior to building start to obtain wax, wax chutes, and obtain supplies prior to building start. As long as they're on the clock for those 15 minutes, fair game.

Besides that, I don't want to wait outside for 15 minutes if I arrive early.
As I said- five minutes prior to start time. They can get whatever job materials they need at start time. If you don't want yo wait outside for fifteen minutes, then don't get there so early. Not starting a fight but something needs to happen to stop people from working off the clock. Will it? Never. Nothing is going to change. Well- not for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.