Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownIEman

Nope. Because on occasion you get someone that doesn't get it. Article 37 is Management Employee relations. And management doesn't get it 99.99% of the time. Extreme amounts of morons.

Art 37 is management employee relations but it also has language stating that employees will treat each other with respect.

And management is not even close to 99.99% morons, any more than drivers are even close to 99.99% lying, thieving, cheats. But there are employees who will always believe your statement of managers, and there are management who will go to their grave believing the mantra about lying thieving drivers. Members of both of these groups are united in one sense - they are both members of the group known as morons.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Art 37 is management employee relations but it also has language stating that employees will treat each other with respect.

And management is not even close to 99.99% morons, any more than drivers are even close to 99.99% lying, thieving, cheats. But there are employees who will always believe your statement of managers, and there are management who will go to their grave believing the mantra about lying thieving drivers. Members of both of these groups are united in one sense - they are both members of the group known as morons.
Behind every "bad" driver, there was a manager to elicit that behavior. Every employee starts the job with great intentions. But those puke managers and I.E. slobs that think creating unachievable standard will create an environment for us to thrive in. In other words...MORONS!

brownIEman

Behind every "bad" driver, there was a manager to elicit that behavior. Every employee starts the job with great intentions. But those puke managers and I.E. slobs that think creating unachievable standard will create an environment for us to thrive in. In other words...MORONS!

Your view of the world is narrow minded, one sided, way over simplified and frankly a fair bit moronic. But have at it.

A

Article 3

No they are both members of the group known as UPSers.
Positive, consistent training would be so helpful but getting anyone who actually knows the job (driving) is deficient and therefore you get employees without the tools and consistent help needed to succeed.

A

Article 3

Your view of the world is narrow minded, one sided, way over simplified and frankly a fair bit moronic. But have at it.
Some (actually many) of the management personnel I've worked under were really great people and we not looking for a fight but just trying to survive in a now publicly traded company.

The problem was that their knowledge of the CBA that covered the hourly was so limited that they quite often stepped on people's seniority, worked people out of classification, and had to listen to their bosses who supported these actions, many of which didn't know or care about the agreement that both the company and the union signed.

Stepping on good stewards' (and enlightened hourlies') toes creates friction and if it continues the friction turns into a fire.
Educate management in hourlies' negotiated rights and maybe you'll see a greater move of respect between both parties.

A

Article 3

@brownIEman , if you make a steward have to be responsible to right every transgression done in his/her building you'll get a militant steward and the workforce will follow suit.

Treating each other with respect not only pertains to what you say or actions portrayed toward others but it is also applicable to the negotiated CBA that both parties are supposed to abide by and if these written rules are enforced and applied then the hostilities defuse rather quickly.
Just my observation.

GameCockFan

IRS limits would not allow that.

Actually it would. The IRS maximum 401K contribution is how much you can personally contribute to your 401K during the year. Your employer's maximum 401K contribution limit is entirely up to them – but the max on total contributions (employee plus employer) to your 401K in 2017 is $54,000 (or 100% of your salary, whichever is less)
How Much can My Employer Contribute to my 401k?

brownIEman

@brownIEman , if you make a steward have to be responsible to right every transgression done in his/her building you'll get a militant steward and the workforce will follow suit.

Treating each other with respect not only pertains to what you say or actions portrayed toward others but it is also applicable to the negotiated CBA that both parties are supposed to abide by and if these written rules are enforced and applied then the hostilities defuse rather quickly.
Just my observation.

Agreed.
Wide load however seems to think treating others with respect includes calling people morons and its all ok as long as his prejudiced world view tells him they are. Respectfully, I disagree.

wide load

:bsbullf:
Agreed.
Wide load however seems to think treating others with respect includes calling people morons and its all ok as long as his prejudiced world view tells him they are. Respectfully, I disagree.
No. Listen carefully so even your I.E. brain can comprehend what I'm saying.
IF YOU SAY STUPID :bsbullf: YOU WILL GET CALLED OUT ON IT.

I.E. is so far in another dimension with this company that they will never be able to return to reality. Thanks for ruining our company from being so weak and scared of your bosses that you are required to lie to them by painting a picture of puppies and candy.

A

Article 3

Agreed.
You're on the handle end of the whip. Wide load and I are on the other end that goes snap! We've dealt with a lot of know it all supervisors that don't listen to hourly just trying to make the operation better. You get to a point where you're very frustrated and actually enough to call somebody a maroon.

I understand his point of view as well. But calling every supervisor a maroon is like voting no on the contract you haven't seen.
There's always plenty of tension to go around at work isn't it there? Out of 500,000 employees there's got to be some gems on both ends of the spectrum.

wide load

You're on the handle end of the whip. Wide load and I are on the other end that goes snap! We've dealt with a lot of know it all supervisors that don't listen to hourly just trying to make the operation better. You get to a point where you're very frustrated and actually enough to call somebody a maroon.

I understand his point of view as well. But calling every supervisor a maroon is like voting no on the contract you haven't seen.
There's always plenty of tension to go around at work isn't it there? Out of 500,000 employees there's got to be some gems on both ends of the spectrum.
Exactly right. And I've had some great managers and Sup's. My current manager is fantastic. I work hard for that guy. My embellishment of the situation is my example of showing how some exude extremism.

wide load

Much of the 160 routes I've done are unscratable. In fact, I.E., safety, Orion, and the methods are making routes undoable anymore. Following all 4 entities rules makes them undoable now a days.
The rules are created by a group of people that haven't delivered a route since they used carbon copy pads...if they even delivered at all. I work hard everyday and I'm paid over. When I'm questioned about my performance, I usually just work the next day. My paid over skyrockets even further.

The rules are created by a group of people that haven't delivered a route since they used carbon copy pads...if they even delivered at all. I work hard everyday and I'm paid over. When I'm questioned about my performance, I usually just work the next day. My paid over skyrockets even further.
Accident investigations are the biggest joke now a days.

Maybe you should contact Cheryl to have a sensitivity thread? To make a decision this early EITHER WAY is irresponsible.
It's not about sensitivity... It's about he calling some one stupid when you could look stupid sometime down the road. I'm just try to do you down the road. Then again I never liked a bully... In school I would kick the :censored2: out of bully's... I'm always going to to stick up for the weak...

wide load

It's not about sensitivity... It's about he calling some one stupid when you could look stupid sometime down the road. I'm just try to do you down the road. Then again I never liked a bully... In school I would kick the :censored2: out of bully's... I'm always going to to stick up for the weak...
The weak? Look at this smug guy. Why don't you focus your attention on making your so called weak a little stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.