Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
"Finally 9.5. Simplicity would work best here. You opt out of the list not onto it. Also go back to any 3 out of 5."

The Contract hasn't changed on 3 of 5 days. It is still any "worked more than three (3) in a WORKWEEK". Too many times I hear that the Company has convinced drivers and some BA's that it is consecutive days. I think a list should go around in Jan & July asking to be on the 9.5 list until the next one is taken down. Simplicity.

Our Local monitors the Surepost pretty close since we had a grievance that almost went to the National. We found out that they can "flip a switch" to turn it off to create stops, reduce routes, etc. There were safeguards put in place but the Company just looks for opportunity. Constant vigilance.

I find the biggest issue is members not knowing the difference between the National and Supplements/ Riders. People are voting "no" on the whole thing when it is a local issue or national concern. Example: I have no idea what 17i is. Must be something in a Supplement

Inthegame

Probably not doable, but one of the best long term moves would be to get everyone in the same HC plan.
At least you didn't advocate going back to the UPS H&W.
From the UPS Aircraft Mechanic negotiations..."UPS's current proposal would increase health coverage for a retiree and his/her spouse to more than $19,000 per year in the first year with continued increases annually."
And before anyone thinks this is a first (throwaway proposal) they've been in negotiations for three years...

And some people thought $50 per month would last forever.

Get ready for a rough ride folks!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
9.5 opt off.
Any and all penalties (even a single day) would be automatically reflected in the following weeks paycheck.

No employee shall be disciplined for exceeding personal time, missed scans, AM or PM scan checks or any other form of information technology based on data received from the DIAD/ IVIS.

No driver will be scheduled for more than (1) days ride per year, such day will not be used for disciplinary purposes.

Technology to be used for running the business, package tracking or customer services only. Technology will not be used to discipline.

(Progressive discipline for any driver not taking meal during or recording delivery between the 4th and 5th? Lol joking.)

Inthegame

"Finally 9.5. Simplicity would work best here. You opt out of the list not onto it. Also go back to any 3 out of 5."

The Contract hasn't changed on 3 of 5 days. It is still any "worked more than three (3) in a WORKWEEK". Too many times I hear that the Company has convinced drivers and some BA's that it is consecutive days. I think a list should go around in Jan & July asking to be on the 9.5 list until the next one is taken down. Simplicity.

Our Local monitors the Surepost pretty close since we had a grievance that almost went to the National. We found out that they can "flip a switch" to turn it off to create stops, reduce routes, etc. There were safeguards put in place but the Company just looks for opportunity. Constant vigilance.

I find the biggest issue is members not knowing the difference between the National and Supplements/ Riders. People are voting "no" on the whole thing when it is a local issue or national concern. Example: I have no idea what 17i is. Must be something in a Supplement
17 i is in the Central Supplement. The 9.5 did change to "in a work week". Prior language was any three in a five day work period which allow one to eliminate weekends.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

A work week does mean m-friend or that was the intended purpose. Otherwise the wording wouldn't of changed. And if your BA is "convinced" this is what it means then that's what it means.

upschuck

Simplest 9.5 language would be anything after 9.5 hours would be double time, no grievance, no 3 before anything. Simplest to enforce, simplest to implement. Christmas peak season, that is thrown out.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At least you didn't advocate going back to the UPS H&W.
From the UPS Aircraft Mechanic negotiations..."UPS's current proposal would increase health coverage for a retiree and his/her spouse to more than $19,000 per year in the first year with continued increases annually."
And before anyone thinks this is a first (throwaway proposal) they've been in negotiations for three years...

And some people thought $50 per month would last forever.

Get ready for a rough ride folks!
Retiree premiums here just increased to between 441/month and 662/month per person depending on age at retirement. Absent squeezing more money out of UPS a larger pool is probably the only way to effectively slow rate increases and the simplest way to do that is get everyone covered under the same plan.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The only loss I saw in benefits was the one punch a month vs. a week language. Company agrees to pay health benefits in any month where the employee is active or on approved leave.

Nike

Eliminate the full time-part time seniority crap. Everybody's seniority starts on their first day on the job. Thats it.
Yea i know it won't happen.
But it should for a company that hates full timers and is constantly finding a way around having full time positions.

km3

Eliminate the full time-part time seniority crap. Everybody's seniority starts on their first day on the job. Thats it.
Yea i know it won't happen.
But it should for a company that hates full timers and is constantly finding a way around having full time positions.

I think the full-timers voted that in...correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what my steward was telling me the other day...since part-timers don't get involved, they get hosed with every contract.

bbsam

Staff member
The snowflake generation, doesn't want to do physical labor.

Hence.... the need for automated Hubs.

-Bug-
And as UpstateNYUPSer has pointed out numerous times, maybe it's time to look at a two-tier system. If part-timers are loathe to go into driving, maybe the workload is simply too much.

UPS's earnings sucked last quarter (according to Wall Street expectations) so where does the next generation of drivers come from?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We don't have a 9.5 issue here. But for you guys out there who do.
It needs to be enforced with big money penalty to get the companies attention.

The 50% run of an area cut is wrong. They are using it to their advantage. No changing of route name and call it another. Only adds allowed. No cuts of your bid area. To do somebody else's area.

Take care of retirees (UPS ONLY) our local has Ups covering 76% of all pensions. This is totally dishonest. .

Part timers. A 3 dollar raise plus pension contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.