Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lmfao, yeah ok
Where's that time coming from? During business delivery. I take that back, knowing UPS, they will cut 8 routes. Again, ALL SET!
If they are all heavy business routes sure that's how it works.

In my center I would say 75% of the routes it really makes no difference when you take break

km3

"Part time employees working more then five hrs will get two paid ten minute breaks per shift"

Sure would be nice if we could get our one that the contract already "guarantees."

So since it was brought up, I do have another proposed change: Language covering breaks should explicitly state that breaks are to be given as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and shall not under any circumstances be given at the end of a shift when an employee is finished working altogether.

hyena

Sure would be nice if we could get our one that the contract already "guarantees."

So since it was brought up, I do have another proposed change: Language covering breaks should explicitly state that breaks are to be given as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and shall not under any circumstances be given at the end of a shift when an employee is finished working altogether.
What supplement are you under? If your not getting your break now grieve it.

km3

What supplement are you under? If your not getting your break now grieve it.

Central. My coworkers are the ones not getting their breaks. I make sure I get mine. For some reason, they don't file when they don't get one. If everybody in my area filed for not getting a break, the problem would be fixed in a matter of days. It never gets resolved because only one person gives them a headache about it (me).

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

There is language in the Central Region, that "kind of" address the issue.

"All part-time employees shall be given a paid break of ten (10) minutes

per shift or part-time operation. Breaks shall not be scheduled prior to one (1) hour of

work being performed
."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

There is definite room, for improvement.

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No thanks. I'll take the hour thanks. 60 routes in my center, at -.50 for lunch, that's 30 hours. You just cut almost 4 routes for that idea. Nooooo thank you!
How's that cutting anything? Still taking one hour, but geing paid for a half hour of it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And....

We have winner.

Don't look at the bottom line (as in wages)

Does the average UPS driver, know what the $amount is being paid in benefits ??

Cool. (in keeping with the thread topic)

What do you get now ?

-Bug-
And....

We have winner.

Don't look at the bottom line (as in wages)

Does the average UPS driver, know what the $amount is being paid in benefits ??

Cool. (in keeping with the thread topic)

What do you get now ?

-Bug-
Hour lunch, no paid breaks.

km3

There is language in the Central Region, that "kind of" address the issue.

"All part-time employees shall be given a paid break of ten (10) minutes

per shift or part-time operation. Breaks shall not be scheduled prior to one (1) hour of

work being performed
."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

There is definite room, for improvement.

-Bug-

Yep. I understand why they left it like that on the back end, since you can't really be sure when a shift will "end." But a clause stating that an employee must be allowed to take a break somewhere near the middle of their work would help a lot.

anHOURover

The language was modified, in the last contract.

I say.... eliminate it completely.

Innocent, until proven guilty.

-Bug-
#1 ELIMINATE LAZY OLD BUSINESS AGENTS WHO CANT RELATE TO THE RACIAL MAKEUP OF TODAYS TEAMSTERS.
#2 GRIND BUG UP INTO GROUND CHUCK SO HE CANT DAMAGE THE PENSION FUND ANYMORE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.