Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadBelly

Banned
How about less supplement language that only benefits some, and not ALL, members? This is how we got into this vote no stuff to begin with...
You don't want to take away others rights. In order to get your birthday off and paid or sick pay they gave on something else somewhere down the line. They earned those things. Supplements aren't going anywhere.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't want to take away others rights. In order to get your birthday off and paid or sick pay they gave on something else somewhere down the line. They earned those things. Supplements aren't going anywhere.

Supplements should be more consistent nationwide, except for region specific situations, such as snow or other weather related emergencies.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How about less supplement language that only benefits some, and not ALL, members? This is how we got into this vote no stuff to begin with...
Supplemental language was created to deal with area issues. Some parts of the country are run slightly different.

LeadBelly

Banned
Supplements should be more consistent nationwide, except for region specific situations, such as snow or other weather related emergencies.
Yea, I know what you mean. With decades of these things fought for they aren't going away. I'd have to look at my contracts, but this is why they came up with a master in the 70's. The modeled it after the national master freight contract.

10 Pt

We get paid for 9 on single day vacation days. 8 for our two option days. Some of your locals out there get a paid birthday and sick pay. We get neither. The gortex coat is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.
Weren't the two paid option days negotiated in lieu of sick days way back when?
Absolutely.

He has proven record.

The TDU people struggle with everything.

Lets see how much "Teamster" they have in them.

Is Unity.... in their vocabulary ??

Small dissonant groups.... are just that.

An afterthought.

Someone has hijacked @UpstateNYUPSer account. :biggrin:

-Bug-
Most of the "dissonant" people we know that voted No on the last CBA never heard of TDU. You need to get over it bug. You can't blame everything that runs cross wise of your thoughts (and the IBT leadership's actions) on TDU. Sounds pretty childish.
Redundant actions are OK when they're correct...Not credibility building when it's just whitewash.

LeadBelly

Banned

Most of the "dissonant" people we know that voted No on the last CBA never heard of TDU. You need to get over it bug. You can't blame everything that runs cross wise of your thoughts (and the IBT leadership's actions) on TDU. Sounds pretty childish.
Redundant actions are OK when they're correct...Not credibility building when it's just whitewash.
Understanding others

We don't appreciate an organization like TDU because they are very anti Teamsters. They have never published an article in the last 20 years that in any way was positive about the IBT. People like BUG and I see this and we don't like it. Is it the right way? Maybe not but it starts with understanding others perspectives. I will continue to try very hard to learn others perspectives and points of view. Peace.

Inthegame

Most of the "dissonant" people we know that voted No on the last CBA never heard of TDU.
If that was qualified as "most of the total membership" I might buy in but I'd presume most of those interested enough to vote on anything are interested enough to know of TDU's existence.
So what pct. of the total 1.3 ml do you think has heard of TDU?

10 Pt

Understanding others

We don't appreciate an organization like TDU because they are very anti Teamsters. They have never published an article in the last 20 years that in any way was positive about the IBT. People like BUG and I see this and we don't like it. Is it the right way? Maybe not but it starts with understanding others perspectives. I will continue to try very hard to learn others perspectives and points of view. Peace.
I wasn't posting to you.
Understanding (and/or listening to) others shows character strength. Continuously harping on and trying to discredit true Teamster members that aren't in agreement with certain issues in the CBA by calling them TDU (and other degrading labels) is what keeps the pot stirred.
I was weening off this site but as I read for what seemed the ten thousandth time that dissent union workers, with their own issues with the last CBA were substandard individuals I feel it deserved a response.
Peace to you as well.

10 Pt

If that was qualified as "most of the total membership" I might buy in but I'd presume most of those interested enough to vote on anything are interested enough to know of TDU's existence.
So what pct. of the total 1.3 ml do you think has heard of TDU?
During the last CBA? From what I've seen locally and in meetings across the state on the Rider...10-20%.
NONE of our meetings were linked with TDU nor did TDU have any say or sway over our issues.
All of the large hub stewards met for a statewide meeting met on true issues we didn't like and not one time was TDU mentioned and NONE of their materials were used to campaign for what we believed.
If TDU has grown (if they have) it's due to how the last CBA was handled.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldupsman

During the last CBA? From what I've seen locally and in meetings across the state on the Rider...10-20%.
NONE of our meetings were linked with TDU nor did TDU have any say or sway over our issues.
All of the large hub stewards met for a statewide meeting met on true issues we didn't like and not one time was TDU mentioned and NONE of their materials were used to campaign for what we believed.
If TDU has grown (if they have) it's due to how the last CBA was handled.

The same with my local. People know of it's existence but there is no organized TDU of any kind in my local.
I've never seen any kind of literature or any kind of meetings by TDU at local meetings. But it seems to be BUG and Lead Belly's
boogeyman who is destroying the IBT. Perhaps if the IBT were more transparent during negoiations TDU wouldn't
even be known at all.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I thought everybody accumulated sick hours... Guess not.

10 Pt

Let me stop you there.

You had "some" Stewards. And mostly members.

And, an official.... from TDU.

Why do they keep losing ?

All of their predictions.... keep falling by the wayside.

-Bug-
There was no official from TDU invited to the meeting. Stop your lying.
IF there were TDU members there they had absolutely no part in leading the meeting.
I was there, you weren't so I call BS knowing that it is BS.

Spin it however you want to your lies don't change the facts.
The Rider failed twice and was 88 votes 1 per county) short of being shot down the third time.
That speaks volumes of the dissent from real members.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about an extra 8 hour day a month....sometimes 2 isn't enough especially when they friend the driver on one...they are good here about it but I know some locations d.g.a.s about giving the driver a fair dispatch... And 2 hours of penalty pay isn't s....make it 5 hours of penalty pay and its automatic... No grievance needs to be filled...this was a great contract enhancement, 8 hour days, so we need to push them on the issue

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How about an extra 8 hour day a month....sometimes 2 isn't enough especially when they friend the driver on one...they are good here about it but I know some locations d.g.a.s about giving the driver a fair dispatch... And 2 hours of penalty pay isn't s....make it 5 hours of penalty pay and its automatic... No grievance needs to be filled...this was a great contract enhancement, 8 hour days, so we need to push them on the issue
In the central we bring the :censored2: back for 8 hour requests if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.