Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But I do think that it should be an automatic payout reflecting in the following paycheck.

I agree, you shouldn't have to file for penalty pay.

But... 2 automatic payments shouldn't incur wrath, and review.

(with no "perceived" threats of retaliatory harassment)

In other words;

"Shut up.... Or, Brown Up"

You were never promised $50/month for life.

I want to see that in writing.

@anHOURover is confusing "current" language, with forever....

But, he's confused in general.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think the use of part-time employees performing full-time work should be addressed. I feel that all feeder/delivery work should be performed by full-timers. When there is not enough work, they do part-time work. Currently, it is vice-versa. If part-timers can come out and perform ft jobs, no reason it couldn't be reversed. The work is going to be the same and it would mean more ft jobs. Union claims to be against two-tier wage structure, but it is actually already in place.

I would also like to see sub-contracting addressed. It is out of hand. I will start with these items- I know my opinion is not really sought after. Lol.

PT Car Washer

I think the use of part-time employees performing full-time work should be addressed. I feel that all feeder/delivery work should be performed by full-timers. When there is not enough work, they do part-time work. Currently, it is vice-versa. If part-timers can come out and perform ft jobs, no reason it couldn't be reversed. The work is going to be the same and it would mean more ft jobs. Union claims to be against two-tier wage structure, but it is actually already in place.

I would also like to see sub-contracting addressed. It is out of hand. I will start with these items- I know my opinion is not really sought after. Lol.
When do PT do delivery or Feeder work? I have never heard of a PT doing Feeder work or delivery except under Art 40 air language.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There are part-time cover drivers in many locations.

You need language, like we have in the Central Region.

Section 4

"Part-time employees will not be permitted to do delivery driving, feeder driving, or tractor-trailer driving work. Part-time employees will be permitted to move vehicles other than tractor trailers within the confines of the Employer’s property, only for the purpose of avoiding a delay in their work, except when drivers are available and not working."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's why we have Teamcrap now. My old health insurance was much better.
No I meant for management... If healthcare was rising why do they still get free healthcare when they retire??? And yes butt, I do know management has been paying per month for co pays but you guys still had better insurance than the union employees ....

Status
Not open for further replies.