Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You need language, like we have in the Central Region.

Section 4

"Part-time employees will not be permitted to do delivery driving, feeder driving, or tractor-trailer driving work. Part-time employees will be permitted to move vehicles other than tractor trailers within the confines of the Employer’s property, only for the purpose of avoiding a delay in their work, except when drivers are available and not working."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-
We in fact have language quite similar yet in the supplement, Appendix actually, there is language allowing part-time cover drivers. Our BA is a real gem- I know, Iknow- "vote him out". Unfortunately, most don't care about the union. (Take a look at some of Upstate's views).

-What- (Lol)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We in fact have language quite similar yet in the supplement, Appendix actually, there is language allowing part-time cover drivers.

Maybe, we can find a solution. 2018 is just around the corner.

Our BA is a real gem- I know, Iknow- "vote him out".

Sometimes.... General support (from the membership) can affect a change.

Unfortunately, most don't care about the union. (Take a look at some of Upstate's views).

A defeatist attitude, doesn't help the populous.... Perpetuated by the company.

That includes, Union and management.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

Maybe, we can find a solution. 2018 is just around the corner.

Sometimes.... General support (from the membership) can affect a change.

A defeatist attitude, doesn't help the populous.... Perpetuated by the company.

That includes, Union and management.

-Bug-
I would like to think of it as more of a realist attitude. But you are free to call it what you will. Most seem to want a "few" to "fix" things for them and have no "time" for union activities- but plenty of time for everything else. I am sure you have NEVER run into anything like this in your travels...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am actually excited to see what Sean O can do...let's give him a chance. It's ok to be optimistically cautious about all of this. Guess we will start finding out this summer....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I am actually excited to see what Sean O can do...let's give him a chance. It's ok to be optimistically cautious about all of this. Guess we will start finding out this summer....
My question is will everyone rally around Sean and this contract, or will there be instant desertion? The past is the past, we need to focus on preserving and improving our future.

UPS Preloader

My question is will everyone rally around Sean and this contract, or will there be instant desertion? The past is the past, we need to focus on preserving and improving our future.

I doubt any of the "Vote No" group will rally around Sean unless he does something to prove his worth. Right now many, including myself, are unhappy with the current contract so at this point I have every intention of voting no unless I see improvements. Hopefully Sean will prove his worth, but quite frankly, I don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I doubt any of the "Vote No" group will rally around Sean unless he does something to prove his worth. Right now many, including myself, are unhappy with the current contract so at this point I have every intention of voting no unless I see improvements. Hopefully Sean will prove his worth, but quite frankly, I don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Are you planning on attending your local's contract meeting(s)? If so, make sure to let them know what you don't like about our current contract and what you would like to see in the new one.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am actually excited to see what Sean O can do...let's give him a chance.

Absolutely.

He has proven record.

The TDU people struggle with everything.

Lets see how much "Teamster" they have in them.

Is Unity.... in their vocabulary ??

Small dissonant groups.... are just that.

An afterthought.

Are you planning on attending your local's contract meeting(s)? If so, make sure to let them know what you don't like about our current contract and what you would like to see in the new one.

Someone has hijacked @UpstateNYUPSer account. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I want to see nation wide, the ability of vacation weeks being split up into individual days(up to 2 weeks, so 10 individual days), would like to see all of an employees time in their sick bank given to them if they leave the company for WHATEVER reason; they have earned this, not 1/3, not 1/2...etc. Want to see a better rain jacket with more hi-viz on it... Goretex or e-vent...might be more expensive but shouldn't have to buy them so often since they will be higher quality...the rain jackets we have now suck...how about an optional day paid at 9 hours....and change an 8 hour day notification to 2 days, not 7... They can bust out a route in 10 minutes before start time, 2 days should be enough time to plan someone's 8 hour day...more to come

LeadBelly

Banned
I want to see nation wide, the ability of vacation weeks being split up into individual days(up to 2 weeks, so 10 individual days), would like to see all of an employees time in their sick bank given to them if they leave the company for WHATEVER reason; they have earned this, not 1/3, not 1/2...etc. Want to see a better rain jacket with more hi-viz on it... Goretex or e-vent...might be more expensive but shouldn't have to buy them so often since they will be higher quality...the rain jackets we have now suck...how about an optional day paid at 9 hours....and change an 8 hour day notification to 2 days, not 7... They can bust out a route in 10 minutes before start time, 2 days should be enough time to plan someone's 8 hour day...more to come
We have most of this in the central region or better. Does this sound familiar? You guys say that you have better in pensions and cardinal sin termination language. This is what negotiations do. Some people have different stuff in other place.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have most of this in the central region or better. Does this sound familiar? You guys say that you have better in pensions and cardinal sin termination language. This is what negotiations do. Some people have different stuff in other place.
Your central pays 9 hours for an optional day and less than 7 days notification for an 8 hour??? You guys have Goretex raingear???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
the cardinal sin termination language should be the same across the board for everybody....And not being able to walk you out for "proven dishonesty " ... Everything is proven dishonesty here...throw out that term.

LeadBelly

Banned
Your central pays 9 hours for an optional day and less than 7 days notification for an 8 hour??? You guys have Goretex raingear???
We get paid for 9 on single day vacation days. 8 for our two option days. Some of your locals out there get a paid birthday and sick pay. We get neither. The gortex coat is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

bumped

24 hours and 1 minute for an 8 hour. Just has to be in before the start time of the previous day. Notified by about 10am if we're denied.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

We get paid for 9 on single day vacation days. 8 for our two option days. Some of your locals out there get a paid birthday and sick pay. We get neither. The gortex coat is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

You don't get sick pay ???

How about less supplement language that only benefits some, and not ALL, members? This is how we got into this vote no stuff to begin with...

Status
Not open for further replies.