Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I would like to see the whole surepost program revamped....proximity stops need to be addressed. A quarter mile in town and a 1/2 mile in country would be a good START. No package over 5 lbs and if the box doesn't fit into a mailbox it gets kicked back to us... I am seeing larger boxes going to the post office. No surepost going to businesses, that's not suppose to be happening but it still is...and finally have some sort of Monetary punishment for them not following the rules. Would be nice to have every building have a surepost "committee" to make sure rules are being followed....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
For those vested in the Central States Pension plan, and are now participants

in the UPS/IBT plan:

Article 34, Section 1

Subsection (l) (6)

"The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset."

This section can't even be touched.

The company needs to fulfill it's obligations to the Teamster employees, that sacrificed

hard work to make UPS what it is..... for Everyone.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

For those vested in the Central States Pension plan, and are now participants

in the UPS/IBT plan:

Article 34, Section 1

Subsection (l) (6)

"The UPS/IBT Plan will recognize full-time service in the CS Plan for determining eligibility for the benefits in this section and will offset at Normal Retirement Age the benefits accrued from the CS Plan commencing at Normal Retirement Age. If the benefit paid from the CS Plan is reduced as permitted or required by law, the amount of such reduction shall not be included in this offset."

The company needs to fulfill it's obligations to the Teamster employees, that sacrificed

-Bug-

Which should be no problem because UPS values their employees. That's why they always say the last stop is the most important one. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy when they say that.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Which should be no problem because UPS values their employees. That's why they always say the last stop is the most important one. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy when they say that.
They mean the last actual stop is the most important because that means your done delivering and creating revenue for the company. "Don't go dying on us on the way home! We need you at 8:30am tomorrow. Unless we cut."

10 Pt

They mean the last actual stop is the most important because that means your done delivering and creating revenue for the company. "Don't go dying on us on the way home! We need you at 8:30am tomorrow. Unless we cut."
We're 6 digit numbers. That's it. The only thing more valuable to the company is a 7 digit number.

Inthegame

-Bug-

Maybe one tweak...include pre 2008 retirees.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
For those vested in the Central States Pension plan, and are now participants in the UPS/IBT plan:

Article 34, Section 1
Subsection (l) (6)

-Bug-

@BigUnionGuy when you posted that "This section can't even be touched", are you suggesting that it is literally 'untouchable', or rather that we need to insure that it is never on the table?

I ask because I believe at some point UPS will make a concerted effort to get out of that guarantee.
The Company, for sure, never envisioned the enormous liability that they are facing after paying $6+billion in withdraw liability.

Seems to me, the blueprint to get this done was demonstrated in the last contract in regards to healthcare?

Will the rest of the country be willing to strike to protect our pensions, in the face of a signing bonus or some other incentive, to sell out those of us vested in Central States???

Will the IBT have the fortitude to keep it from being brought to the membership in a "last, best, and final offer"?

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@BigUnionGuy when you posted that "This section can't even be touched", are you suggesting that it is literally 'untouchable', or rather that we need to insure that it is never on the table?

My contention, is the latter.

Any suggestion that this section should be broached....

Is a complete "non-starter" as far as contract negotiations.

Period.

End of story.

-Bug-

clean hairy

HOLIDAY AND 6TH REPORT
"No employee shall be forced to work a Holiday or 6th report."
If UPS wishes to run on a Holiday or 6th day, UPS shall post a list for volunteers willing to work. UPS shall then operate with only those volunteers.
Existing Holiday pay shall remain unchanged from current language. 6th report pay shall now be paid at double time.
UPS will staff only from the Volunteer list. UPS shall NOT contact any employee NOT on the list to obtain extra staffing for such extra work.
Upon proof of violation, (text or voicemail) affected employee shall be paid $200 on the next check.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ARTICLE 18. SAFETY AND HEALTH EQUIPMENT, ACCIDENTS AND REPORTS

Preamble

"The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance."

The company needs to put their money.... where their mouth is.

"The Employer shall not require employees to take out on the streets or highways any vehicle, or use any type of equipment, that is in a safe operating condition or equipped with the safety appliances prescribed by law."

"Ok to run, parts on order...."

Is not an appropriate response from Automotive.

(no disrespect to our mechanic Union brothers)

"All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition including mirrors and windows."

Language to include.... On a daily basis.

Who cares, if the vehicles need washed.

Dirt, dust, and garbage.... are a health concern.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"OK to run, parts on order" would never be used on a pkg car with safety defects---the car would be red tagged until the parts come in and the repairs are made.

Is it really that hard for drivers to pick up after themselves? I am off today and know that I will have to clean up after my cover driver tomorrow morning.

10 Pt

"OK to run, parts on order" would never be used on a pkg car with safety defects---the car would be red tagged until the parts come in and the repairs are made.

Is it really that hard for drivers to pick up after themselves? I am off today and know that I will have to clean up after my cover driver tomorrow morning.
Never say "never"
Our mechanics are not allowed to write "Ok to run (or drive)" anymore.

Heck, our parts including tires and wiper blades are ALWAYS "on order". One driver waited a week for wiper blades. Pathetic.
ARTICLE 18. SAFETY AND HEALTH EQUIPMENT, ACCIDENTS AND REPORTS

Preamble

"The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance."

The company needs to put their money.... where their mouth is.

"The Employer shall not require employees to take out on the streets or highways any vehicle, or use any type of equipment, that is in a safe operating condition or equipped with the safety appliances prescribed by law."

"Ok to run, parts on order...."

Is not an appropriate response from Automotive.

(no disrespect to our mechanic Union brothers)

"All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition including mirrors and windows."

Language to include.... On a daily basis.

Who cares, if the vehicles need washed.

Dirt, dust, and garbage.... are a health concern.

-Bug-
Agreed. But if they're worried about your t shirt color and appearance standards they ought to wash their filthy trucks. Many people ask us "What ever happened to the company that mandated that their trucks (including wheels) shine on the street every day?".
We tell them that the stock went public. Now, no one cares.

22.34life

15 minute break for p/t.
Clear language concerning p/t breaks when u work past 5 hours(2 breaks)
No more split raises.
friend/t wage progression needs to be spread out evenly over the 4 year span.
Clear language concerning phones inside facilities.
Clear language concerning proper footwear inside facilities.
When Vacations taken during a holliday week employee will be given those paid days off following week
We should earn sick days not have to convert a week into sick days via option 3.
Sick days should be able to roll over into next year.
Christmas eve needs to be added as a paid holliday.
NO CONCESSIONS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.