Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthegame

Premium pay, either time and a half or double time for ALL work done on Saturday or Sunday. Going Tuesday - Saturday is a concession. Nevermind trying to stop it, that won't work. It's coming either way. Why aren't we demanding compensation for our sacrifices?
How is a scheduled work week change a concession? It's been in the CBA for a long time.
Forcing a six day week would be a concession but applying long term language hardly fits the definition.
Find another windmill, lots of Teamsters work on Saturday.

PT Car Washer

How is a scheduled work week change a concession? It's been in the CBA for a long time.
Forcing a six day week would be a concession but applying long term language hardly fits the definition.
Lots of Teamsters also work Sunday for straight time if that is their scheduled work day.

MostHelpNeeded

I see your point. It was a concession made years ago; is that better?

Lots of teamsters work Saturday. Lots of teamsters work for less money. Lots of people have this, Lots of people have that. What does any of it have to do with us? I can tell you one thing lots of full time drivers haven't done and that's work Saturdays. Not until now. That's not something anyone where I am is happy about. It's life altering for many with families. How is it anything but a concession?

Inthegame

Lots of teamsters work Saturday. Lots of teamsters work for less money. Lots of people have this, Lots of people have that. What does any of it have to do with us? I can tell you one thing lots of full time drivers haven't done and that's work Saturdays. Not until now. That's not something anyone where I am is happy about. It's life altering for many with families. How is it anything but a concession?
Times are changing. The competition didn't used to work Saturday, now they do. If UPS doesn't respond, there's a good chance the M-friend work will also dry up as volume flows away. That would also be life altering.
Anyway, it's a bit too soon to get real worried. There are also senior employees with grown or no children that just might prefer delivering resi's on Sat rather than busting nuts on Mondays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a business decision.

brownelf

Hey bug, what do you think are the chances of a CSPF increase? We've got people thinking that's going to happen and are planning on sticking around till 2018 just for that reason. Personally I think they're crazy.

10 Pt

I have driven through Philly many times and actually went to an Eagles game.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in that dump.
Are you now degrading families that are poor and didn't get the chance to be hired off of the street into a job like you did?

Knowing of the union presence in Philly I'd bet your IRA that none of the Philly union members would abandon their brothers on their union strike line like you did.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hey bug, what do you think are the chances of a CSPF increase?

Zero.

We've got people thinking that's going to happen and are planning on sticking around till 2018 just for that reason. Personally I think they're crazy.

I'll remain optimistic, that should be an increase in the UPS/IBT plan....

But, Thomas Nyhan from CSPF has declared the fund (itself) will be belly-up in 10 years.

The current contract language protects UPS members, if that happens.

-Bug-

Status
Not open for further replies.