Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The sad thing is the fear that I am sensing from a lot of brothers. Here, at the hub and even my steward. We should have no fear. Fear is what will hurt us. You go into a fight with your legs shaking an in a protective stance, you are going to get pummeled.

Get angry. Get pissed off. But go in with confidence that you will win. I am afraid to many are now in the "uh oh, better grab what we can" frame of mind.

That's why I'm glad that a man with bigger stones than most is sitting at the table representing us.

The sad thing is the fear that I am sensing from a lot of brothers. Here, at the hub and even my steward. We should have no fear. Fear is what will hurt us. You go into a fight with your legs shaking an in a protective stance, you are going to get pummeled.

Get angry. Get pissed off. But go in with confidence that you will win. I am afraid to many are now in the "uh oh, better grab what we can" frame of mind.
Is your steward a pusillanimous? Tell him it's going to be ok. hall goes balls deep in these guys. He is a great negotiator.

Re-Raise

Dividends are up to attract people to our stock, and I would rather a well paid CEO then a discount one.

As I struggle not to negative rep every post you make, I have to know what your position is at UPS and how many years have you been with the company?

kingOFchester

Is your steward a pusillanimous? Tell him it's going to be ok. hall goes balls deep in these guys. He is a great negotiator.

I would never say that about him. He is a nice guy. I have seen him stand up for brothers, even those who probably don't deserve representation. He didn't even say he was scared, but from the little conversation I had, he did not come across as comfortable. No reassuring words. Again, I like the guy....just would like to see him address the troops with confidence.

MFR2010

I don't want to walk away with less in this contract,that's not my point. My point is if it comes down to concessions or a strike,I'd rather see concessions. I know if a strike happens I wouldn't have a job tocome back to. The whole I want more or I want nothing attitude is what killsme. I’m a driver, eight years.

MFR2010

I just don't want to see a strike, and that idiot’s commentabout how cool one would be so he could tell his children just got me fired up.

kingOFchester

He will strike if he has to.

He will strike if he has to.

Oh, and I believe it. My remarks was towards the other poster MFR who said "My point is if it comes down to concessions or a strike,I'd rather see concessions.".

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/contract-talks-strike-348513/index9.html#ixzz2KSGVW4v5

I should have quoted him.

Prev Close:26.99
Open:N/A
Bid:27.60
Ask:27.76
1y Target Est:N/A
Beta:N/A
Next Earnings Date:N/A
Day's Range:26.96 - 26.96
52wk Range:22.05 - 27.25
Volume:250
Avg Vol (3m):4
Market Cap:N/A
P/E (ttm):N/A
EPS (ttm):N/A
Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)
Compare Brokers

kingOFchester

Ok, half a bottle of scotch down and my posts are getting mixed up between here and another site I post on. Time to spend time quality with the Queen.

but will end with concessions my ass

rudy5150

We all deserve raises especially the part timers!!! We aren t paying a dime for healthcare!!! Raises for all!!! Strike if no raise!

BCFan

What's to say even if we don't strike (which I do believe that hall will do) that the evil brown empire doesn't lock us out? That is if they are wanting to test the new "idiot proof" EDD and PAS systems to see if they can replace us. Looks like there will be a uptick in roofing nails purchases ......BC

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I would never say that about him. He is a nice guy. I have seen him stand up for brothers, even those who probably don't deserve representation. He didn't even say he was scared, but from the little conversation I had, he did not come across as comfortable. No reassuring words. Again, I like the guy....just would like to see him address the troops with confidence.

Perhaps he's not financially secure at the moment for a strike. I've been telling people around here to get two weeks of pay minimum in case something happens in August.