Conveyor Accident?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any truth to the rumor of a recent severe conveyor accident/injury to a UPS PE Mechanic???? I heard it happened somewhere in NY.

I

Nay

Foster ave pre-load about 7 am, rather not say his name. He was working in the primary in between 2 belts that were still on and got his head and arm got caught in the belt and sucked into that small area. They had to cut the belt to get him out, building was completely shut off for about half an hour. I was told his pulse was fading by the time they got him out, but didn't hear any other updates after he was taken to the hospital, hes a great guy I hope he comes out ok. Theres a reason we have to follow strict safety rules

Porkman

Wow,What a horible thing to have happen to someone..Lets all say a little prayer he will be ok!! *****

Last edited by a moderator:

local804

On a more serious note, the worker at this time is in a medically induced coma.There are a lot of rumors about how it happened(lockout) so I will leave that blank. Just a prayer.

22.34life

Foster ave pre-load about 7 am, rather not say his name. He was working in the primary in between 2 belts that were still on and got his head and arm got caught in the belt and sucked into that small area. They had to cut the belt to get him out, building was completely shut off for about half an hour. I was told his pulse was fading by the time they got him out, but didn't hear any other updates after he was taken to the hospital, hes a great guy I hope he comes out ok. Theres a reason we have to follow strict safety rules
I hope the guys ok,but i cant believe ups shut down a whole building for 30 min. under any circumstances.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My prayers go out to this poor guy. We had a similar situation back in a Boston building about 20 yrs ago before lock out procedures. At the time the motor & gears that pull the belt had a cage door but no lock on it as they do today! This young kid from the primary reached in to grab a NDA Ltr and it sucked up his sleeve & turned hand into hamburgh.It was an aweful site.As I remember a girl walked by and fainted & she to was rushed to Mass General Hospital also. I heard they saved the hand but will have permanent nerve damage.Lucky in Boston we have the greatest hospitals & surgeons in the country.

22.34life

Are you serious ?? Man almost died,I'm sure the Fire Dept & police w made sure building was shut down ...
This is a serious thing so like i said i hope the guy pulls threw and is ok,i was being sarcastic,*********************

RoyalFlush

One of Them
I have heard of several of these types of accidents over the years. Don't take chances! The belt can pull a truck load of packages (several tons) or more. Your hand, arm, leg or any other body part will not stop the belt.