Corner loading, huh? I forget...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think I prefer to have shelf 1-4 as perfect as possible but 5-8 can be close. I'd prefer to have nothing on the floor except bulk and overweights. or long packages. I've had the worse time though with loaders not able to keep same stop packages together. I always have 3 for 5126 (ex.) on the shelf but the 4th is on the floor. Infinitely nicer if they're together...whether it's on the shelf or the floor. But I've learned that if you can't find a package for a stop it's better to keep moving and go back later if you have to.

Going back is NOT an option on most of the routes I run. You could add an hour to your day easy.

Necropostophiliac

As I see it, 50 to 65% of management jobs out there in UPS, as a collective whole, have nothing to do with the processing and handling service of the job. They need to go in a big way, since most of them probably make 40,000k or over a year. I would even cut HR and assistant jobs, no more assistants of assistants.

You want to make big bucks UPS? Cut the non productive side!
Let us start with payroll. Cut all those uneeded positions.
You do not need a direct deposit weekly. :sad-little:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
To save time and space, they are now standing the cars up onto their noses and loading them from the top with a shovel.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Let us start with payroll. Cut all those uneeded positions.
You do not need a direct deposit weekly. :sad-little:

I never signed up for direct deposit, call me old fashion, but I like my check to worth a value and not just a voided out piece of paper. Plus to make sure the hours come out correct. Most workers here never look at their stub, wouldnt be surprized that those hours dont at up.

As for what sober said, it does look like that already for most loads I see, pure garbage.

CFLBrown

I never signed up for direct deposit, call me old fashion, but I like my check to worth a value and not just a voided out piece of paper. Plus to make sure the hours come out correct. Most workers here never look at their stub, wouldnt be surprized that those hours dont at up.

As for what sober said, it does look like that already for most loads I see, pure garbage.

Direct deposit and your 'stub' is available to view online on Thursday morning so you can print it up and throw it in someone's face if it's incorrect. Paper checks aren't available until Thursday night.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Direct deposit and your 'stub' is available to view online on Thursday morning so you can print it up and throw it in someone's face if it's incorrect. Paper checks aren't available until Thursday night.
Our checks are handed out Thursday morning before PCM.

Norma

Replying to the original post, thanks for the heads up. They arrived at the Norma building yesterday.

Here's my take. A bunch of corporate suits wander semi aimlessly through the building. I try to appear as miserable and busy as possible to avoid any kind of communication. Finally one of them asks me where a certain driver's truck is. They go in. They shuffle packages around for a minute or 2. At last they call me in. They want me to "load like peak." Don't even ask how we were taught to load 2 different styles (or even 1 style) but somehow these guys think we can switch on and off different loading styles. Anyway through all the switching they were able to take one (1) package off the floor and place it on a shelf. Like WOW. If I was allocated 30 seconds of free time I could have done the same thing. All these clowns are doing is reallocating space.

These guys have little to no clue ..... they obviously never watched an infomercial. Step 1 is to identify a problem. Epic Fail. My driver isn't upset, my sup isn't upset, yet these clowns from far away are upset yet FAIL to even identify a problem. The solution, while not unreasonable, doesn't really help me in any way, shape or form. I know, work as directed...to the letter if it's a really stupid directive.

I know of course it's some lame production push. How can I trust these guys when the numbers they put out for me are bogus? If I were really loading 260 per hour, I would be thrilled. Where are the actual pieces I am loading being allocated to???

UPSGUY72

I don't see anything unusual. If you can get everything on the shelves, great. No driver wants to be bending down for housecalls buried on the floor behind businesses, or running back to stops they could've gotten off with air.

"Lip loading"? I don't think that's new.

They want that, but its far more BS related then that. They want you to merge 2000's with 6000's. Press it in there far up as possible, pretty much mash all things together.

I love that fact that they now want to threaten us by write ups with good, great loads by this cause. I say bring it on, and see paper in your future. I haven't had a day where this is allowable. Each and every space within car is a luxury, its us given the task to fill it and they always fill up. It takes a lot of planning and experience to load certain cars out there.

the more crap they put on the shelves is just more package I have to pickup off the floor later in the day. Everything looks good and secure when the package car isn't moving. Everything changes when you out in the real world.... All the little packages they stuff on top or in back of the crap they lip loaded just pushes the lip loaded packages onto the floor....

That is why I push all the package back past the lip before I leave the building....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Replying to the original post, thanks for the heads up. They arrived at the Norma building yesterday.

Here's my take. A bunch of corporate suits wander semi aimlessly through the building. I try to appear as miserable and busy as possible to avoid any kind of communication. Finally one of them asks me where a certain driver's truck is. They go in. They shuffle packages around for a minute or 2. At last they call me in. They want me to "load like peak." Don't even ask how we were taught to load 2 different styles (or even 1 style) but somehow these guys think we can switch on and off different loading styles. Anyway through all the switching they were able to take one (1) package off the floor and place it on a shelf. Like WOW. If I was allocated 30 seconds of free time I could have done the same thing. All these clowns are doing is reallocating space.

These guys have little to no clue ..... they obviously never watched an infomercial. Step 1 is to identify a problem. Epic Fail. My driver isn't upset, my sup isn't upset, yet these clowns from far away are upset yet FAIL to even identify a problem. The solution, while not unreasonable, doesn't really help me in any way, shape or form. I know, work as directed...to the letter if it's a really stupid directive.

I know of course it's some lame production push. How can I trust these guys when the numbers they put out for me are bogus? If I were really loading 260 per hour, I would be thrilled. Where are the actual pieces I am loading being allocated to???

Oh yea its a lame attempt at saving money, thus hours. I'm sure this brillant idea came from observations on cars where they can load all of it on the shelf. I've seen this type of car just once in my five years here.

My problem, is when they start moving stuff around, as upsguy72 said, the lip lock either doesnt work and stuff falls on the floor anyways. Too tight of a load is just asking for large amounts, if not all of it, to take a trip to the floor anyways. Another is, as they move stuff around, they block spaces where I can place stuff on shelf, thus having to move that box out of the way for the space. So, it was a useless attempt at anything and a huge waste of time/ energy on my part. They went from telling preloaders to load a car by the numbers to cramming it all as far up as possible in brick type forms. I laughed one day, when the FT sup came over and showed me to take one and place it in the back, I thought to myself " oh yea thats gonna save 50,000$ an hour as is!".

I see this as just another excuse to see open space within package cars to add more work ontop of more and more. Its going to slow everything down, and in time ( like 6-12 months ), to have the same people talking about it calling it out and demonizing the practice and blaming the workers for doing so.

I'm getting tired of seeing my PT within car touching stuff and making a very good looking load into a steaming pile of crap.