Corporate Greed, Spineless Union

AttackedHawk34

Shiiid i dont mine working a 6 punch i worked alot of them last year. I signed the volunteer sheet almost 2 months ago but haven't came in on Saturday yet. Its always the same senior drivers thats on the 9.5 list that works the 6 punch. Usually when one of them cant come in i get the call.

browndevil

Our hub decided to jack up the number of ground routes running on Saturday’s by 30-35. There aren’t enough cover drivers to run them all, because of the current number of ground and air routes already running. The company is posting a volunteer sheet, which nobody signed and are forcing bottom up with no regards to days worked or part time or full time positions. Six day punches will be forced and the union said they won’t do a thing to stop it. Company said if they don’t have enough covers or 22.4s (which we haven’t started yet) then full time drivers will be forced in. We no longer have Tuesday-Saturday full time routes, they were rotated back to Monday-Friday to accommodate 22.4s. If the company is required to notify you 48 hours in advance if you’re scheduled can there be any discipline if you simply don’t pick up the phone? Also can you be forced to work a six day punch outside of peak season? I’ve seen some drivers disciplined, some not. The union and company are of course intentionally vague to scare you into coming in.
Part of the Union"s job is to protect jobs. Look at our competition. Walk outside any Sunday and you'll see Amazon drivers delivering making $15

Whither

Scofflaw
If I’m working 6 day weeks for longer than December I’ll just go be a heavy machinery op

Been considering making use of my letters of eligibility in a few trades once spring comes ... thing is, on smooth days and routes I know decently, I remember why I chose this job. Hard to say whether it's worth sticking out the 6 day weeks or starting over again, but that's life.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part of the Union"s job is to protect jobs. Look at our competition. Walk outside any Sunday and you'll see Amazon drivers delivering making $15
The union leadership is much more concerned with generating additional union dues, therefore we get 22.4 positions, etc.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No, they want more jobs. Better to keep a revolving door of initiation fees rolling in.
That's right.

One of our stewards (posted on this forum!) actually was glad when I was injured at work

he said for me to just quit so someone new could have my job and the union could get more initiation fees, instead of me going through the workers comp. process.

That's your union

Johney

This thread isn't about you.
index.jpg

browndevil

The union leadership is much more concerned with generating additional union dues, therefore we get 22.4 positions, etc.
22.4s are part of the solution to our competition's wages. Do you really think Amazon is going to give us volume on Sundays with UPS paying drivers nearly $75 an hour? How would "Wally's Parcel Service" negotiate pricing for Amazon delivery on Sundays? Not trying to be an :censored2: just looking for honest and real dialogue

browndevil

That's right.

One of our stewards (posted on this forum!) actually was glad when I was injured at work

he said for me to just quit so someone new could have my job and the union could get more initiation fees, instead of me going through the workers comp. process.

That's your union
Your steward is not properly representing you. Anyone want to challenge him/her in an election?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
22.4s are part of the solution to our competition's wages. Do you really think Amazon is going to give us volume on Sundays with UPS paying drivers nearly $75 an hour? How would "Wally's Parcel Service" negotiate pricing for Amazon delivery on Sundays? Not trying to be an :censored2: just looking for honest and real dialogue
You don't need 22.4's. Hire regular drivers to work 5 days.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your steward is not properly representing you. Anyone want to challenge him/her in an election?
The union or a union rep has no duty to wish any individual member goes through the comp.process, or returns to work, or etc.
I was just saying that with the failing pension funds and exorbitant salaries, etc. etc. they need to keep the revolving door of new member init fees coming in. It is nothing personal, strictly business.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The union or a union rep has no duty to wish any individual member goes through the comp.process, or returns to work, or etc.
I was just saying that with the failing pension funds and exorbitant salaries, etc. etc. they need to keep the revolving door of new member init fees coming in. It is nothing personal, strictly business.

Exorbitant salaries??? The president of the teamsters makes 387k that is a pittance compared to what senior executives make at companies like UPS

Here is a link for teamster top executive salaries

Union Facts| Teamsters | Leaders, Employees, and Salaries

here is one for UPS top executives

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC Executive Salaries & Other Compensation | Salary.com

People on here complain quite a bit about the lack of skill and talent of the top leadership, your one of those people so I have a question. considering the union leadership already make a fraction of what their counterparts make how do you think reducing the union leadership salaries would help?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Exorbitant salaries??? The president of the teamsters makes 387k that is a pittance compared to what senior executives make at companies like UPS

Here is a link for teamster top executive salaries

Union Facts| Teamsters | Leaders, Employees, and Salaries
not sure what one has to do with the other, but alright

here is one for UPS top executives

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC Executive Salaries & Other Compensation | Salary.com
you're right, it is the exact same thing.

I'm kidding, it isn't ;)