Corporations / Citizens

rickyb

David Sirota‏Verified account @davidsirota 27m27 minutes ago

David Sirota Retweeted ABC News Politics

"The threat to our democracy does not come from big money lobbyists" -- this is what a person says when he knows that his administration often loyally followed orders from big money lobbyists and many of his aides then went on to work for big money interests.

David Sirota added,

DqJGnEzU8AAyly_.jpg

1:15
ABC News PoliticsVerified account @ABCPolitics
Former President Barack Obama: "The threat to our democracy does not come from one person in the White House or Republicans in Congress or big money lobbyists. The biggest threat to our democracy is indifference" …
14 replies 53 retweets 149 likes

rickyb

so i was talking to a coworker from Iran last night, he is a professor and got his phd in sydney australia. he says the wages are higher in australia and people work less hard and enjoy life more drinking. he wants to leave here. my friend also worked there and confirmed the same.

so i was talking to a coworker from Iran last night, he is a professor and got his phd in sydney australia. he says the wages are higher in australia and people work less hard and enjoy life more drinking. he wants to leave here. my friend also worked there and confirmed the same.
Cool story bro.

floridays

Doubt you could get in, they have very strict laws for entry. Can I show you a property in Somalia?

rickyb

Doubt you could get in, they have very strict laws for entry. Can I show you a property in Somalia?
yea my other coworker is from there and says the same. im against strict immigration, in favor of security not border patrol power abuse.

the prof at tech school course im interested in says when i graduate i can get a job there.

yea my other coworker is from there and says the same. im against strict immigration, in favor of security not border patrol power abuse.

the prof at tech school course im interested in says when i graduate i can get a job there.
Call border patrol first......ask questions later.

rickyb

so we always hear about how corrupt the govt is. we dont hear so much about corporate sector rot, which im assuming is as bad or worse than government.

which lead me to the conclusion that our whole society is rotten.

rickyb

more on the 2 tiered legal system:

Nathaniel St. Clair‏ @NatStClair 12h12 hours ago

Nathaniel St. Clair Retweeted CounterPunch

NAFTA and the TPP allow corporations to directly challenge domestic laws through arbitration. This empowers private tribunals with corporate lawyers in the guise of judges. These trade tribunals are not democratically accountable to the voters of any nation.

Nathaniel St. Clair added,

CounterPunchVerified account @NatCounterPunch
On Thursday, November 8, a federal court in Montana ordered a pause in the construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline. Sounds like cause for celebration, doesn’t it? It’s not. Nothing can stop Keystone XL, and the reason is NAFTA. Unstoppable: The Keystone XL Oil Pipeline and NAFTA
9 replies 153 retweets 250 likes

rickyb

this episode talks about bayer corporation which was started under the nazis and did experimental chemical tests on its jewish subjects. something out of a horror movie. one of the founders wanted to create pure germans by changing eye color, etc. they got short sentences for their war crimes and were back at it when they escaped. bayer is now with monsanto.

this episode talks about bayer corporation which was started under the nazis and did experimental chemical tests on its jewish subjects. something out of a horror movie. one of the founders wanted to create pure germans by changing eye color, etc. they got short sentences for their war crimes and were back at it when they escaped. bayer is now with monsanto.

Fahrvergnügen

rickyb

capitalism hides the truth based on secrecy in part. 1 example is workers have no idea how much the capitalists profit off of them. im gonna guess the board of directors know the most in a business including dirty secrets:

Breaking911‏ @breaking9111 5h5 hours ago

BREAKING: Johnson & Johnson knew for decades about asbestos in baby powder talc supply, failed to tell the FDA - Reuters, citing documents

254 replies 3,315 retweets 3,643 likes

rickyb

sheldon wolin, who used to be one of americas greatest living political philosophers, says the power of corporations merged with the power of the state is unprecedented in world history.

he agrees with chris hedges that its time to start a rebellion because they will push us to a police state where 90% of the population is poor.

rickyb

The Intercept‏Verified account @theintercept 2h2 hours ago

It’s not easy raising money from small-dollar donors. Only two of the 435 members of the House of Representatives elected in 2018 raised the majority of their money from small dollars: @Ocasio2018 and @repjohnlewis.

65 replies 264 retweets 910 likes