Counter Offer!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Your a delusional mess 😂 unlike an exclusionary elitist racist, like yourself most union halls are quite diverse, both in race and politics, but we all have one common goal getting the best deal for working people and their families.

You should quit sucking the tit of everyone who claims this the end of labor just because that’s what you hope. I’ve been saying that for years my friend.
That's not a tit, it's a joh......

bacha29

Your a delusional mess 😂 unlike an exclusionary, elitist, racist like yourself most union halls are quite diverse, both in race and politics, but we all have one common goal getting the best deal for working people and their families.

You should quit sucking the tit of everyone who claims this the end of labor just because that’s what you hope. They have been saying that for years my friend.
You are dead wrong!. The IBT is for all intents and purposes the last man standing for organized labor in the US. Not only do you have to get that generational contract among the other many tasks you're challenged with and that is to go outside of the trucking ranks and materially participate in the task of organizing workers in as many other areas of the private economic sector as you can .

"Best deal for working people and their families". So you tell me just exactly what is the IBT doing in regard to that endeavor outside of it's sheltered little world.

Right now in terms of company offer sincerity you're only at the "last best offer" level.

As a seasoned union rep I sure you know that there's one level higher:

It's the "Here it is mother fornicators...Eat it and smile" offer That's about DEFCON 2 level. If it gets to there, then we'll see how tough you guys are.

Thebrownblob

You are dead wrong!. The IBT is for all intents and purposes the last man standing for organized labor in the US. Not only do you have to get that generational contract among the other many tasks you're challenged with and that is to go outside of the trucking ranks and materially participate in the task of organizing workers in as many other areas of the private economic sector as you can .

"Best deal for working people and their families". So you tell me just exactly what is the IBT doing in regard to that endeavor outside of it's sheltered little world.

Right now in terms of company offer sincerity you're only at the "last best offer" level.

It's the "Here it is mother fornicators...Eat it and smile" offer That's about DEFCON 2 level. If it gets to there, then we'll see how tough you guys are.
So you’re doing nothing? OK got it.

Thebrownblob

You're the one bragging about your union position and activity.....So what are you doing that could be making a difference outside of your own directly self serving interests?
My position has nothing to do with it, many of those times I was just a Volunteer. I walked the picket line many of companies just to help my fellow Teamsters. And why am I going to tell you what I do outside of work? You haven’t even begun to tell me what you’ve done to help any working people. because obviously you’ve done nothing.

giphy (28).gif

bacha29

My position has nothing to do with it, many of those times I was just a Volunteer. I walked the picket line many of companies just to help my fellow Teamsters. And why am I going to tell you what I do outside of work? You haven’t even begun to tell me what you’ve done to help any working people. because obviously you’ve done nothing.
I materially participated in negotiating labor contracts as a member of both the UFCW and the IBEW. I supported efforts to try to get RPS/FDX contractors into some kind of bargaining unit years before Patton came up with the idea but as I and he found out later the contract is so ambiguous that there's no basis one way or the other to work off of.

Today I economically and materially support my local Democratic County Committee in the form of cash, office furnishings raffle prizes and man registration booths at public events in an effort to register voters. Hopefully registering more Democrats than Republicans.

Now I don't know what your party registration might be but if you are a registered and listed union official at one level or another and you're a Republican....it doesn't get more hypocritical than that because organized labor flat out has no friends in the GOP.

Thebrownblob

I materially participated in negotiating labor contracts as a member of both the UFCW and the IBEW. I supported efforts to try to get RPS/FDX contractors into some kind of bargaining unit years before Patton came up with the idea but as I and he found out later the contract is so ambiguous that there's no basis one way or the other to work off of.

Today I economically and materially support my local Democratic County Committee in the form of cash, office furnishings raffle prizes and man registration booths at public events in an effort to register voters. Hopefully registering more Democrats than Republicans.

Now I don't know what your party registration might be but if you are a registered and listed union official at one level or another and you're a Republican....it doesn't get more hypocritical than that because organized labor flat out has no friends in the GOP.
Interesting, raffle prizes for Democrats lol.

The idea that there are no friends in the GOP is pretty ignorant. And for the record state, politics are much different than federal politics. During the pandemic, several GOP members at the state level were the only ones that would help union members get paid in my state through unemployment. Democrats
ignored calls for help.

we give to any politician who is a friend to labor. I wouldn’t disagree that generally speaking Democrats pick up the phone more often but it’s not completely true all the way around.

In my dealings with state politics it’s come to my attention that both sides are full of crap. Neither really care except for what they can get out of you. Politics Is a dirty game.

bacha29

Interesting, raffle prizes for Democrats lol.

The idea that there are no friends in the GOP is pretty ignorant. And for the record state, politics are much different than federal politics. During the pandemic, several GOP members at the state level were the only ones that would help union members get paid in my state through unemployment. Democrats
ignored calls for help.

we give to any politician who is a friend to labor. I wouldn’t disagree that generally speaking Democrats pick up the phone more often but it’s not completely true all the way around.

In my dealings with state politics it’s come to my attention that both sides are full of crap. Neither really care except for what they can get out of you. Politics Is a dirty game.
Let me straight you out again. Raffle prize donations. The county committee held it's annual luncheon. Buy a meal and your meal ticket number made you eligible for a door prize. I bought licensed merchandise of 2 NFL and 1 NHL teams to give away as door prizes. Understand, the local Democratic committees get zero dollars from the national committee. It has to raise every damn dime on it's own to pay for basic expenses such as rent, utilities, dues, supplies etc. In fact it's little rented office had no furnishings . So I bought 30 chairs for them out of my own pocket.

Despite all the failings of the Democratic Party it was still the driver behind the legislation that legalized the creation of labor unions to begin with.

My disdain for today's labor unions is found in what it has become. The were able to march unencumbered into state and local governments and effortlessly and cheaply get contracts ensuring a steady, secure and comfortable revenue streams.

Now if you're some lowly grunt slaving away in the private sector and you want to form a union, you're on your own. You can take the threats the firings, the credit and reputation destruction etc.....And if by chance you succeed then the union conveniently....shows up.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

What a coincidence, me too!.

SMH

zeev

FedEx is like a peeping Tom ,seeing what it would be like to have some dignity and respect . IBT more power to you, both you and UPS to prosper.