Cover driver and bonus?

BrownChoice

The diads lock down during lunch here, but that doesn't stop a driver pre recording an apartment complex and posting the info notices during lunch, then having everything ready to be signed for at the office once lunch is over... That can save a lot of time right there, while still being able to get a sandwich or snack in while doing so.

Overpaid Union Thug

The diads lock down during lunch here, but that doesn't stop a driver pre recording an apartment complex and posting the info notices during lunch, then having everything ready to be signed for at the office once lunch is over... That can save a lot of time right there, while still being able to get a sandwich or snack in while doing so.

Stupid stupid stupid. Why do that? Outside of having something REALLY REALLY important to do after work or an actual emergency why do people do these things? Even in my bonus center if anyone works during the time they entered in the DIAD they will end up working for free on most routes. Then there is always the time studies to consider. I'm not saying anyone should worry about beating those times but eventually the routes will be loaded down with too much work for the a bonus baby to handle. Let alone those of us that work by the methods and take our lunches.

BrownChoice

Stupid stupid stupid. Why do that? Outside of having something REALLY REALLY important to do after work or an actual emergency why do people do these things? Even in my bonus center if anyone works during the time they entered in the DIAD they will end up working for free on most routes. Then there is always the time studies to consider. I'm not saying anyone should worry about beating those times but eventually the routes will be loaded down with too much work for the a bonus baby to handle. Let alone those of us that work by the methods and take our lunches.

I dont take part in this, but I know drivers that do. I would only do it to make a family commitment.

MethodsMan

If a driver is a runner its their prerogative. Some of the older drivers don't like it because they think the guys are showing them up. One of the biggest runners in my center is a 30 year driver. I suppose when I was a new driver I was a runner. I wanted to prove I was worth my weight and that made the right choice in hiring me. Then, I had an epiphany that I'm doing this for another 25 years most likely so why go balls out. Plus, OT pay more than bonus anyways. I usually run around scratch give or take now. If you're going to worry about what other drivers are doing though it just reeks of insecurity. Who cares.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In my center bonus and OT are paid at the same rate of $48.73.
I take my full lunch and breaks every day.
I do not run.
I do not come in an hour early to massage my truck. Am satellited so I usually remember where I loaded each and every one of my approximately 130 parcels.
Usually run about 1 to 1 1/2 hours bonus per day.
Vacation coverage runs over two hours bonus on my route going out blind.
Just have a very sweet time allowance.
Pretty sure anyone on this forum could run bonus on this route from day one.
Will continue to take advantage of their generousity until they see fit as to change the allowances. Been about 5 years and counting so far.

Overpaid Union Thug

If a driver is a runner its their prerogative. Some of the older drivers don't like it because they think the guys are showing them up. One of the biggest runners in my center is a 30 year driver. I suppose when I was a new driver I was a runner. I wanted to prove I was worth my weight and that made the right choice in hiring me. Then, I had an epiphany that I'm doing this for another 25 years most likely so why go balls out. Plus, OT pay more than bonus anyways. I usually run around scratch give or take now. If you're going to worry about what other drivers are doing though it just reeks of insecurity. Who cares.

No insecurity here. All of us non runners and non lunch skippers definitely SHOULD worry about the habitual wrong doings of fellow drivers as they negatively affect time studies. Why does this matter? As IE piles on more and more work on those routes eventually the runners won't even be able to bust out those routes they've destroyed. If they can't the rest of us certainly won't be able to. What you call "insecurity" I call protecting a fair day's work for a fair days pay for everyone from those that only care about themselves.

MethodsMan

No insecurity here. All of us non runners and non lunch skippers definitely SHOULD worry about the habitual wrong doings of fellow drivers as they negatively affect time studies. Why does this matter? As IE piles on more and more work on those routes eventually the runners won't even be able to bust out those routes they've destroyed. If they can't the rest of us certainly won't be able to. What you call "insecurity" I call protecting a fair day's work for a fair days pay for everyone from those that only care about themselves.

I rarely check the numbers anymore. Don't be a milker and you have nothing to worry about.

upsman68

I skipped my lunch on occasions to attend my daughter's or son's school events. I'm sorry if that rubs you the wrong way but it is my family not yours. My daughter is off to college now and I am glad I did what I had to do to attend these events. She is happy that I was there to see her. My son is a freshman in high school and I will do the same thing again. I have drivers next to me that will help me out also by covering the UPS store or a drop box so I can get in early. I will return the favor when a younger driver wants to attend some of his children's events.

Also cover drivers in my building don't get bonus or can get on the 9/5 list.

Overpaid Union Thug

I see a couple of you just don't get it. Its not about the numbers or skipping lunch OCCASIONALLY to attend family functions. Its about habitually breaking the rules and causing routes to get more and more work. And yes....IE and dispatchers can and will compensate.

Sent using BrownCafe App