Cover Driver doing Sat Airs

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok well, it happened. I don't recall to be honest during the rush if I did Big arrow Down or not. I'm simply saying I was in signature mode and came out of signature mode and the DIAD asked why it was late.
Better shine those shoes too!

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
Cool...I just want to be asked to work this coming Sat rather than ask for the work. I'm the most easiest guy to work with and from what I gather here a pretty honest one at that.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Yes there is. It's "locked in" before noon showing that UPS was there "on-time", no?

It's locked in when you scan it causing it to be displayed on the pkg. detail screen. I going to say that if you had gotten the sig., then confirmed, and closed the stop, it would not have shown late.

But coming out of sig. screen creates a different sequence than normal, So, don't do that.

oldngray

nowhere special
For a while it tagged the time when you hit stop complete. Which sucked if you were there on time but had to wait for a signature. So it was changed to tag the time when you scan and arrow down to the package field.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
yx1owb.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The already knew. I started out yesterday late before leaving. I did the pre-trip after the belt delivery and the PCM like everyone else. I didn't have working signals so I had to find another car. The manager helped me move the packages and I was off at 9:45.

Sounds like you should have done a cold pretrip while you were waiting for the air to come down the belt.

UPSGUY72

I'm expecting a slap on the wrist Monday morning.
I just recently started doing Sat Airs and I've been a CD since August. Yesterday I found myself in an apartment complex I didn't know with only 5 minutes left to deliver the last air. I sheeted the package and was in signature mode before noon after I found the apartment. The entry was a callbox and the resident wasn't home so when I came out of signature mode it was 12:03 and the air was now late.

Thoughts?

I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to make extra $$$ on Saturdays.

It is what it is late.. Don't try to beat the system or your won't be driving period..

Chnandler Bong

Question...when you first scanned it, did you immediately hit Big Arrow Down to get into the package screen? Or did you simply scan it, locate the apartment and THEN go to the package screen to start the signature process?

It's been my understanding that the time isn't stamped until you hit Big Arrow Down to enter the package screen...not by just scanning the package. If you scanned the package in the truck and then took a couple minutes to locate the apartment before entering the package screen, you might have screwed yourself. (But I've been wrong before).